Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What to do now?

Default What to do now?

Well, this makes the third time we've watched our favorite series dissapear at the whims of Mighty Marvel's Mindless Managment. And once again we will watch the fandom fall back into that slump it suffered after Volume 2 ended.

I remember one of the ideas the fans on the Alpha Waves mailing list had was to start up a fan comic. I shoul know, I was the one who proposed it (at the time I was using the handle Skippy The Klingon for anyone who remembers) At the time, everyone got behind the idea. Only it didn't seem like we had a clear idea what we should do and it never went anywhere.

In the past few years, I've gotten more involved in webcomics, and right now I've recently started a political comic called Four More Years and now I feel I'm a decent enough artist to tackle doing an Alpha fan comic.

I can draw it, but I'll need someone else to write it. Also, if our dear webmster might find it in his heart to host this little project, we might have something here.

I'll gladly host such a project.

Ben

Groovy!

Any takers on the writing job? Just to be a little more clear on this, here's what I'm thinking in terms of writing:

• I would like to see this as a monthly feature aproximately 10-12 pages in length (4-6 panels each). Longer stories are fine, but we should keep each "issue" limited in length (10-12 pages a month, being drawn in my free time, should not be an impossible schedule for me to keep)

As for who should be on the team, I'd want to talk that over. I have a bit of a preference to bringing back original Alpha, though I wouldn't mind the new version, any of the later characters the previous volumes or some amalgamated team (though it would be rather hard to everybody all at once)

Original characters: again, it would have to be talked over. Original villians are perfectly fine, but new team members are another matter.

If anyone has any other input or suggestions, just chime in.

Since no one seems overly keen on a full time commitment of writing this, perhaps a round robin kinda thing? One person does one issue, an other person does next etc.

Ben

That wouldn't be a bad idea, I've done a few Impomanga in a similar vein. Though it might need someone acting as editor and establishing a bibkle for the series to keep things in order.

I don't mind writing something for this project but like Ben said I really can't commit to it FT. I have a bunch of lil fanfics written up based on the squad some dating back to the late 80's early 90's.

PM if your interested. I can get the ball rolling for the first couple of issues and then hand it off to someone. Or who knows by that time I may be so into writing the story I may stay on.

I'm not a professional writer but I do know how to use "eh?"

Default Alpha fan comic

Hi there. Was just chatting to Ben and we discussed the possibility of round-robin for story arcs. Hence, each writer need only write for 2 or 3 issues (max of 36 pages if there are only 12 pages per issue). Not too heavy a workload eh?

I'd be happy to put my hand up for it, though I have read none of AF v3, so if you're using characters from there, I'd be stuffed. Allan Crocker (HappyCanuck) would also be an ideal contributer as he's done loads in AF fan fiction and also drawn some fan comics.

Cheers,

Sengsterooney

Actually, Seng, it's interesting you meantion that: tho I haven't working on it in a while, I am indeed working on my own version of AFv.4 (there's a sample pic in the photo album). However, I am also working on Seng's Flight 5 (tho not as religiousle as I used to - gotta love slumps), not to meantion other things, so, without a suitable muse, I'm a bit deadlocked at the moment...
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

Whichever course it goes I'd be happy to help out however I can. I think with the talent pooled here we could come up with a series online that could last for years.

And wouldn't that just rock!

Hey, it'd be neat to have a big section of Alpha fan comics here on the site. If we all try our different things, that might do a lot to interest the usual comic fans out there. We keep the buzz going about Alpha, maybe someone at Marvel might consider anoter shot with them a little sooner.

I'd volunteer, but I'm struggling enough to get my assignments done on time and hammer out pages of an in-progress AF fanfic comic. Sorry.

(Now if I could just do this professionally, I wouldn't have to worry about scheduling, dammit!)

The Old Fan Alpha Flight

Default What to do now?

I read "I Remember" by Michael Dillon in the fan fiction section of SNOWBIRD's LOFT, which is very good. I don't know if he would be interested in this project, but he wrote the Elizabeth-Narya story well and succinctly.

I would consider contributing to this project in my spare time (I've got a bit of that and will have more when school closes in June). I will add my email address for PM if you want to discuss your roster preferences. I'm partial to the originals myself, but don't have any qualms against any new(er) characters except Radius (his force-field is as much a hinderance as it is a help) and MANIKIN.

I can do it full time.Sent you an email regarding it.reply back

It seems that me and Pwalk are a go for the new series.Where do I send my pilots. Like in the email, I just need conitnuity(where are we picking up from) and a discussion between PW, me and the artist about the roster.Where we picking up from is key do to it depends who we would have available on the roster (IE, after vol3-no Northstar,Aurora, Wildchild-unless we are using the ones we shunted from the past)It could be worked out but does pose problems. We can submit ahead of time, like we do at altmarvel.com and get ahead so we dont miss a month.

BTW, as an artist myself, I find drawing Madison Jeffries as Box the easiest of the Alphans to draw.Detail to the armor (ala Jim Lee) is also easy compared to the later works on him. Puck is easy as well too. I find drawing Logan next to Puck and Sasquatch can be a problem sometimes due to the height of each hero.

Wow, this post is over 4 months old.Hope I didnt miss the boat about writing it.If I did I hope PW and Jay got something coming soon