Thread: Sucks to be me

Default Sucks to be me

Well, this has been quite couple weeks for me. Bad weather really slowed down progress on my house, getting close to 60cm of snow makes it tough to build. Just before the sorm hit, I threw out my bad wrist (injured it 10 years ago, never healed properly) and I recently found out i probably need surgery to fix it. Yesterday I discovered my computer got nailed by a virus while I let my copy of AVG get out of date. Every EXE on my system was infected, and could not be cleaned. So I have finished formatting, and now have to try and get at least a few of the programs back on that I've collected over the years...on dialup

And I have a cold.

K, I'm done venting, thanks for your time, back to the downloading,

Ben

I hope things get better soon, Ben(I hope you feel better soon too).

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

Can only get better from here!
    Adversity makes life interesting!
    If things come too easy, you won't appreciate them.
    When...
    Oh, those all sound as empty from me as they do when they're said to me.
    Chin up, Ben!
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Yowch! I hope it starts to improve soon. It's gotta.
    I'd send you a bunch of hollow platitudes, but, you know. Anyway, we've covered that already anyway. (Ooh, but try listening to 'Something to Sing About', sung by Buffy...)

- Le Messor
    "Don't give me songs. Give me something to sing about."
    - Buffy

This too shall pass.

A friend once told me that when we feel at our lowest, our weakest, the closest to breaking -- that's when we're at our strongest. Strength is only ever measured when tested, and a strong man never feels strong with 1,000 lbs on his back, even though the rest of the world may regard him as a virtual Heracles.

Struggle through, press on. Strength builds and grows in the rest periods between tests. And take care of yourself: stress depletes the reserves that the body needs to stay healthy. A good anti-stress Vitamin B complex can help work wonders; Jameson's makes an excellent batch. Make sure to get their time-release B complex, though. Normal Vitamin B absorbs and/or is discarded by the body very quickly.

While you're down, lots of liquid (water if you can -- it absorbs better) and Vitamin C. I don't mean 500 mg a day. I mean 1,000 to 2,000 mg a day while you're sick. Stay warm, and rest as much as you can.

Hope you're feeling better soon.

^^ I know the feeling. =p

I've been out of the loop too but then I have shoulder surgery coming up...provided there's an opening anytime soon. I'll let ya know how harmless it was after the fact Ben. I just know how forward you are to to such things.

and I hope yer cold goes the way of mine too.
    Hell was full, so I came back.