Thread: X-Men Legends

Default X-Men Legends

Anyone else get this game?

It's written by the Men Of Action team (Kelly, Seagle, Casey, Rouleau) and features a few nods to Alphans.

I'm only a few missions in but so far, there's a Canadaian flag on the wall of Logan's room signed by the classic Alphan team, Alpha Flight, Mac and Puck are mentioned in a quiz, and Mac and Puck both have items that you can equip the X-men with (can't remember what off the top of my head.)

Man, there's tons of AF references, and it's a great game to boot.

I tried the Manual of the Puck on Beast as it makes his kicks do more damage and give a stat boost as well. Flight of the Northstar was a good one on Storm as it not only made her flight last longer, but IIRC it reduced her changes of getting knocked accross the room (knockback).

It'd be great if the sequel (supposedly underway now) actually had appearances in flashback form like the Juggernaut, Weapon X and Sentinel flashbacks to old X-men adventures. The original meeting/fight with AF is classic and would be a cool encounter/mission to play out.

Keeping my fingers crossed there.

Have fun, but I'll tell you now, the ship mission rescuing the dummass sailors, any encounter with Avalanche for some reason and the final fight are really, really annoyingly tough.

Have fun, pick a power and stick to it until it's full and don't underestimate the Cyke/Iceman/Emma/Nightcrawler combo. Very sweet. Nightcrawler with the Nimrod thingy makes beating the final boss pretty easy too.

what gaming platform are we talking here? I don't have any of those fancy game makin' machines, the a PC.

Ben

Quote Originally Posted by Cliff
    Have fun, but I'll tell you now, the ship mission rescuing the dummass sailors
    Heh, I got to that point and have played no further