Thread: Do you think....

Default Do you think....

That the next volume of Alpha Flight(please let their be one, comic gods!)....will feature the actual AF(or most of them)?

I'm not so sure....We've had two relaunches without the soul of the original volume....both failed badly. I hope Marvel wouldn't make the same mistake again(a third time!), but they seem to be stuck in a rut.

Do you think the Marvel "Powers That Be" have learned any kind of lesson from this...or do you think that they'll do it again?

Dana

I'd figure if AF gets rebooted in 2005 it'll be Byrne AF, though they'll have to find a way to broaden the appeal without delving into "AF, the mental hospital" or "AF, don't call us, we'll call you", or "AF, the living dead."

Maybe have the Plodex tech still being used, so that, initially, Shaman, Snowbird, Yukon Jack, and Talisman 'patrol' the West, the Hudsons, Puck, Zuzha, and Major Mapleleaf the Central-East, and Nemesis, Centenniel, Sasquatch take the East. This is done partially to cover up "Flight School", the Byrne AF training school in which they're training Zuzha, Snowbird and Talisman plus one more to soon take over for aging Shaman, Puck, and the Hudson parents.

In short order MML goes back to the RCMP, YJ goes back home, and Centenniel joins Nemesis on-call but not part of the main team. Shaman stays as teacher but basically retires from action as do the Hudsons, who need to raise a family and run the school as the always envisioned, as teachers not class reps. Puck still teaches but doesn't retire from action yet. Why should Sasquatch change?

Puck, Sasquatch, Zuzha, Snowbird, Shaman (formerly as Talisman), and the new Guardian (maybe the Hudson kid, who knows about light speed et al) in short order (maybe AF #1) become Alpha Flight, though the school still is in session because they can't all learn THAT fast
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

I'd buy a book with that team! I think Marvel has to revert to a mostly Volume 1 cast if they want success. Sure throw in a couple of the others, but it should be recognizable to the long term fan first and foremost. Of course I have no faith in Marvel to get it right so expect an all brand new all extremely different Alpha Flight.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Mokole, really, what're the odds of a v4 starting up with exactly that scenario? Seems like a huge stretch to me...

Unless you're the writer. Are you writing it? You'd tell us, right? Are you?

But, Marvel don't learn.
    If there's a v4, I 'spect it'll be yet another group of total strangers, with one or two token AFers, and those two words on the front. Probably set in Canada.

- Le Messor
    "Can you whistle 300 baud?"

Oh if I got the chance to write it....

How do I go about submissions?

Live it.

Hey Mokole,

I had a similar idea for a v4 team. I had a whole 12 issue storyline come to me in a dream of all places. I wrote down what I could for the first 3 issues. I'm not a fan of "fanfiction" so it's not written as such. but if you wanted to take a look, I'd love to get your input.

Have a good one,
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by ANAD Phil Vol3
    Lets see how #12 ends up, eh?
    I'm beginning to be intrigued by these little messages! Kinda makes you wonder if Phil a)knows something or b)has completely lost control of his mental facilities!

Vote Now!

A)Phil knows something we don't
    B)Phil has lost it and is projecting through his computer
    C)All of the above

I think the obvious answer is C
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

Quote Originally Posted by Barnacle13
    Quote Originally Posted by ANAD Phil Vol3
    Lets see how #12 ends up, eh?
    I'm beginning to be intrigued by these little messages! Kinda makes you wonder if Phil a)knows something or b)has completely lost control of his mental facilities!

Vote Now!

A)Phil knows something we don't
    B)Phil has lost it and is projecting through his computer
    C)All of the above
    I'll be my usual positive self and think Ben and Phil know something that a Marvellite has told them to keep hushed up until after ANADAF #12.

Live it.

Considering what I know of these two, I wouldn't be surprised if they knew more than they let on... But I also know they are good at keeping secrets, so we'll have to hold out and see. (Ps: Phil - if I am wrong, you are good at false optimism...)

Members of the jury: please note how the defendant did NOT deny - nor, to be fair, confirm - the allegations that he may know something the rest of us don't.

Your Honour, I request that we treat the defendant as a hostile witness.