Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How about....

With her new baby, I'm rather shocked that Heather wants to play super-hero or that Mac would let her.

In AF v4 (or whatever, the next one) I'd like to see the Hudsons retire to raise their family. I can't really see anyone donning their suit(s). Maybe Walter if he ever lost his powers? Or maybe even Mapleleaf?

As for Elizabeth's power-level, I've always assumed that she lost much of her power once the Socerer was defeated. After all, thats what she beacame Talisman to do.
    I still think she's as powerful as Shaman though.

Quote Originally Posted by oneyoungman
    With her new baby, I'm rather shocked that Heather wants to play super-hero or that Mac would let her.
    I don't know if 'let her' would be a correct statement. It may have been in their original appearances under Byrne, but something tells me that, after all this time, Heather has become confident enough that NO ONE tells her what to do, especially her husband. However, I do question her wanting to continue doing the work.

As for Elizabeth's power-level, I've always assumed that she lost much of her power once the Socerer was defeated. After all, thats what she beacame Talisman to do.
    I still think she's as powerful as Shaman though.
    Oh I think Elizabeth is still substantially more powerful than her father in the sheer power department. But power isn't everything, you need to know how to use it. Most of the time, such as when she was dealing with Llan, I think it was mostly her destiny leading her, but otherwise, Talisman is still leanring as she goes. Shaman, however, statistically has less power, but a lot more experience with it, meaning he knows how to use it. Having power and using it are two different things: nearly anyone can use a jackhammer, but only through training and experience will you be able to control it enough to prevent you from punching a hole through a nearby car or your foot.
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

That's some stone-aged thinking there. If women let their husbands tell them what to do, where to go, etc....this would be a very different world....and not one I'd want to live in.

Dana

"Get back in the kitchen and bake me a pie, Vindicator!"

I don't know it kind has a certain flow to it. You sure this wouldn't work?

Quote Originally Posted by Barnacle13
    "Get back in the kitchen and bake me a pie, Vindicator!"

I don't know it kind has a certain flow to it. You sure this wouldn't work?
    Sure, if you wanted molten lava shot up yer a**

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrkoenig67
    That's some stone-aged thinking there. If women let their husbands tell them what to do, where to go, etc....this would be a very different world....and not one I'd want to live in.

Dana
    Maybe that *was* a bit sexist of me....

but Mac always struck me as the over-protective type.

Besides I don't think Heather ever really wanted to be a super-hero in the first place.

Maybe that *was* a bit sexist of me....

but Mac always struck me as the over-protective type.

Besides I don't think Heather ever really wanted to be a super-hero in the first place.
    No, but neither did Mac. Heather has much more experience as a hero, and leader. If one were to stay home, it should be Mac, he could invent stuff on the side, and she could lead the team.

Ben

I'm with Ben 110%, for both result and reasons. Heather is the stronger personality, and more proactive rather than reactive
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.

I'd leave them both at home or in administrative roles. Alpha Flight needs a strong leader, but for me these two should be long retired (or dead in Mac's case). Raise the child and a fledgling Alpha Flight at the same time. Use Sas, Snowbird, and Puck to anchor the team and throw in a few other originals and a mix of the newer characters and let her roll. Heather and Mac should both be raising their child! Parenting isn't a single sex duty. It takes two to do it right. Now I'm not saying a single parent can't get the job done with good family support, just that it's much more difficult. Heather and Mac should both be portrayed in the home raising the ir child. Use them both in administartive roles if necessary, but leave the fighting to the others. Sure in an emergency they could dust off the old duds and save the day, but only in an emergency.

I agree. They should be running Department H and leaving the dangerous job of Alpha Flight to Puck, Sasquatch, Snowbird, Elizabeth as Shaman, Box, Zuzha, and Louis as Guardian. Even keep Nemesis. With Mac being dead three times you'd have to wonder if he's even human anymore, has a soul, etc. And Heather being mind-altered by H, seeing her husband die three times, she can't be in a good frame of mind to be a hero and parent.

But Marvel continuity is pretty bad at the best of times...
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokole
    I agree. The should be running Department H...
    Actually, they should be working to SHUT DOWN Department H. Since it's second inception, DH has been trying to subjugate and manipulate Alpha Flight, make them into their own drones to do as they wish. While their stability may be in question, I don't think they are stupid. To take on the task of running the same department that has tried to use and abuse (and in some cases, kill) them would REALLY be stupid.

Ah, but in my vision Dept. H is smaller and run by them, so not the manipulators et al. After all, Neither Hudson wanted to be in AF in the first place, the deal was to create a super team and run it, possibly from within Dept. H or even from running it from the Director's chair. It was after early AF that Marvel went back and said Dept. H predated Hudson and was not originally created by him, as it was in early AF incarnations.

After all, they could run whatever administration AF needs, even Foundation Flight or whatever.
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokole
    Ah, but in my vision Dept. H is smaller and run by them, so not the manipulators et al. After all, Neither Hudson wanted to be in AF in the first place, the deal was to create a super team and run it, possibly from within Dept. H or even from running it from the Director's chair. It was after early AF that Marvel went back and said Dept. H predated Hudson and was not originally created by him, as it was in early AF incarnations.

After all, they could run whatever administration AF needs, even Foundation Flight or whatever.
    Okay, so they are running a programme SIMILAR to the original incarnation of Dept H - that I buy. But something tells me they wouldn't want to use the same name, give the stigma the term brings to mind, for the very reasons I stated before. I'd think that the likes of Chasen and Clarke ruined that nomenclature for them, and I'm sure any returning members would agree. But I do agree that, for the Flight to be useful not only in the protection racket () but in the general safety department, they'd have to incorporate aspects of their larger supposed archetypes, the Avengers and the X-Men - namely in protection (maybe even using their large character base to form regionalised teams, say an East/West division, so to be able to cover a larger area more quickly - remember, Canada IS the second largest country in landmass! - and if they kept using the Arctic Plodex ship as a main base, it'd even things out, considering the rough location its in), and the education of young/newer mutants and metahumans. It's been shown (for example, Kara Killgrave) far too often that mutants and new metas are prone to misusing their abilities, many simply because they can! This also proves to be not only a problem on a national scale (since the mutant percentage has increased exponentially over the last several years - our time), but also detrimental against the harmony between flatscan humans and their metahuman counterparts.

Dept H was named for Hudson, no?
    Have him be liason, keep Heather in suit...interesting dynamics when Mac as liaison SHOULDN'T give full disclosure
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.

Quote Originally Posted by kozzi24
    Dept H was named for Hudson, no?
    Have him be liason, keep Heather in suit...interesting dynamics when Mac as liaison SHOULDN'T give full disclosure
    I don't recall if it was ever stated outright that it was H for Hudson, but I believe that's correct, Kozzi. I see nothing wrong with The Hudson's taking back what is theirs and cleaning up H(it doesn't mean there can't be someone/thing sinister lurking in the shadows still, though).

Mac as Liason or Director(would be better), raising the baby(with Heather's help, of course) and Heather as Guardian(It's not a 24/7 job, people!)....sounds really good to me. Shuffling them off to domestic blahness(and making Heather a housewife) isn't my idea of good(or logical)story-telling. heather has been right there, a part of the team(in a sense)...since issue 1 of the first volume.

Dana