Thread: AOA 10 Year Anniversary

Default AOA 10 Year Anniversary

March 2005

X-MEN: AGE OF APOCALYPSE #1 - 5 (of 6)
    Written by Akira Yoshida
    Pencils & Cover by Chris Bachalo
    Apocalypse has been destroyed; the end of the world has been averted. Or has it?
    Sinister has just unleashed a massive force unseen, unrivaled, and unbeatable. Magneto
    and the X-Men’s only hope lies in tracking down a retired Weapon X!
    32 PGS.(Each)/Marvel PSR …$2.99 (Each)

OFFICIAL HANDBOOK OF THE MARVEL UNIVERSE:
    X-MEN - AGE OF APOCALYPSE 2005
    Written by MIKE RAICHT
    Cover by Mark Brooks & JUSTIN PONSOR
    Your complete guide to the epic saga! This Official Handbook includes in-depth bios on
    more than 40 denizens of the Age of Apocalypse – from Abyss to Weapon X! Plus: An
    all-new cover by superstar-in-waiting Mark Brooks, digitally painted by Justin Ponsor.
    48 PGS./Marvel PSR …$3.99

X-MEN: AGE OF APOCALYPSE – ONE-SHOT
    Written by Scott Lobdell, Tony Bedard, Larry Hama, Akira Yoshida
    Pencils by Adam Kubert, Andy Kubert, Tony Daniel, Mark Brooks,
    Paco Medina, Talent Caldwell, Roger Cruz and Kia Asamiya
    Cover by Bryan Hitch
    Marvel's celebration of the 10th Anniversary of the Age of Apocalypse begins here!
    Many of the creators involved in the original Age of Apocalypse event return for this
    special double-sized issue, including a special pin-up section! Join us as we revisit the
    AoA world with four original stories featuring characters you know and love. Discover
    the origin of Generation Next! Witness the first meeting of Sabretooth and Wild Child!
    Behold Weapon X's first run-in with Mariko Yashida in Japan! And you won’t believe
    how the AoA world survived the nuclear holocaust that threatened it! Features a special
    wraparound cover by Bryan Hitch!
    48 PGS. /Marvel PSR …$3.99

EXILES #60 & 61
    Written by Tony Bedard
    Pencils & Cover by JIM Calafiore
    "SON OF APOCALYPSE" Parts 1 & 2 (of 2)!
    Welcome home, Blink and Sabretooth! The Exiles find themselves returned home to the
    Age of Apocalypse...with the unlikeliest new teammate -- Apocalypse’s homicidal son,
    Holocaust! Can the Exiles stop fighting amongst each other long enough to complete
    their new assignment—killing the X-Men?!
    This storyarc ties into this month’s special AGE OF APOCALYPSE limited series!
    32 PGS. (each)/Marvel PSR (each) …$2.99 (each)

Since I liked what I saw of the original run of AOA (namely the first issues of most, and the whole run of Weapon X [I found a boxed set of it and the first Gambit limited in a clothing department store of all places a few years ago]) this sounds interesting...

(Okay, I got a little bracket-happy, but c'est la vie)
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

Ok....although I have reached total saturation with all things 'X', I am really excited about this. In my opinion, this was the last great X-Men story, and I can't wait for it!!

::: insert homer-like drooling sounds here :::

-Mystic
    Where are we going, and why are we in this hand-basket??

Exiles 60 cover gives possible Sas related spoilers to the previous (Sas focused) issue:

http://afigures.com/g/?mode=view&alb...ze=800&start=1

EXILES POSSIBLE SPOLIERS
    S
    P
    O
    I
    L
    E
    R
    S

bASED OFF OF THE LAST TWO ISSUES, I think Exiles is going to be doing big THINGS with the Heather Sasquatch, probably introducing Tanaraq...the whole mystical danger angle of their current mission.
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.

They would be the spoilers I was indictating, based on the solicit for the previous issue.

Check this out.

Certainly looks like Wildchild in that last preview pic there. Others looked vaguely familiar, but I'll leave it to you guys to point out any other appearances.

Quote Originally Posted by Defunct
    Check this out.

Certainly looks like Wildchild in that last preview pic there. Others looked vaguely familiar, but I'll leave it to you guys to point out any other appearances.
    Pic #1:
    Weapon X (Wolverine) and prolly Yuriko Yashida (from what I can gleam from the other solits for the series

Pic #2:
    Weapon X(Wolverine) & Jean Grey, Magneto, Apocalypse, Bishop, Rogue, Sunfire, Colossus & Kitty Pryde, Nightcrawler (in a different cossie from the original X-Calibre), possibly Sabretooth or Wildchild (beside Kitty), Sentinels. Dunno who the cyber-looking dude on the far right beside Jean is - missed a good deal of the original AOA.

Pic #3:
    Sabretooth with Wildchild on his shoulder (those two were quite inseperable in the first series), Colossus, Jubilee, Sentinels, Apocalypse in the background.

The for the most part, Wildchild was the only real Alpha connection in AOA, with others playing bit parts every now and then. I'm missing a large group of issues from the original AOA, but from the issues I have: Box (Jefferies) and Copycat hijacked onto the Sentinal Lift in Amazing X-Men #2, to sabotage the rescued human drop-point, and kill as many humans as possible on Apocalypse's order. Box is killed by Logan in Weapon X #2. IIRC, there is at least one other AF reference in the old AOA storyline, but I don't have the issues to corroborate it.
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

Northstar and Aurora were part of the Dark Beast's team in Factor-X.

Pic 3 is the cover to the trade of the first time round AOA, taken from X-Men:Alpha.

I really need to start reading Exiles it seems. Let's hope I can find the TPB of the first issues.

Quote Originally Posted by PWalk
    I really need to start reading Exiles it seems. Let's hope I can find the TPB of the first issues.
    great series, well worth reading, with lots of AF content. I came late to it too, and have been picking up back issues and TPBs

Ben