Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Vote: Favorite Alphans

Quote Originally Posted by Cliff
    As of Vol 2, your Mac and old Mac were just sort of left to thier own devices. If they've been killed off after that, I don't know about it. I know it was "a" mac that we saw in Vol3 trapped in the Plodex ship, but we don't know which it was, unless you have a title/issue that shows one of them getting the axe.

Radius also was alive at the end of Vol2.

Silver and Auric I don't know about. I remember that they returned to China and all that, but I don't remember then dying.

If they should be, then just consider then as such and I'll research it more myself. Like I said though, any vote for a deceased hero counts as a vote for that type of hero coming back, so a vote for a dead Smart Alec just means someone else with the same or similar abilities.

Thanks for the heads up tho.
    Young Mac died in the pages of Wolverine, Silver and Auric are dead, and have merged into a new being (as of AF 121) Radius died in the pages of X-Men (or is assumed dead at least)

Ben

Better put my list out there!

# Vindicator - Heather Hudson
    # Puck - Eugene Judd
    # Sasquatch - Walter Langkowski
    # Snowbird - Narya/Anne Thompson
    # Shaman - Michael Twoyoungmen
    # Box/Gemini - Madison Jefferies
    # Nemesis -
    # Wild Child - Kyle Gibney
    # Centennial - Rutherford Princeton
    # Major Mapleaf - Lou Sadler Jr.

With the cast we have it's tough to cut some out, but I would look at the team to have lots of potential to have characters roll in and out.

Ben

I have to say this....there are some VERY telling line-ups here. A whole lot of Vol. 1 Alphans....Hmmm.

Dana

Quote Originally Posted by Ben
    Young Mac died in the pages of Wolverine, Silver and Auric are dead, and have merged into a new being (as of AF 121) Radius died in the pages of X-Men (or is assumed dead at least)

Ben
    Jared Corbo - dead as of Uncanny X-men #405.

Guardian II - dead as of Wolverine (2nd series) #143.

Jihmon and Zhao Tang are apparently part of a composite being as of Alpha Flight v.1, #121 consisting of the mind of a scientist named Hedison. Nemesis destroyed a "nexus" that the Brass Bishop was trying to use to siphon off power from the Tang siblings and Hedison that they absorbed from the Sphinx when it was destroyed, apparently killing the siblings. Now this composite enegy being exists instead. If there are enough votes, we'll figure out what to do, but that's a pretty wild set-up and back-story. Can't locate the issue where AF defeated the Sphinx so if anyone knows that it'd be helpful.

I tried posting it jsut a second ago but my browser locked up. Thanks though Ben. At least it's all settled now. It also doesn't take them out of it as far as the voting goes though...

The Sphinx battle was not with Alpha. It was an arce through the annuals of the Spider-titles and New Warriors, and only one of the siblings appeared. AF 121 was Furman's follow up, and he seemed to have cleaned up some of Alpha's dead wood by making both siblings dead.
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.

Oooohhhh yeeeeeaaahhhhh....

dang. That was a long time ago. I got NW way back when and remember that crossover but onl;y got the NW and, IIRC, FF titles that covered it.

Thanks koz.

Technically though, they're still "alive" albeit combined into asome kind of energy being with that Hedison guy. With power over molecular activity like that and the understanding to use it, they/it could be a powerful hero or villian.

The issue synopsis doesn't really give an idea about what happened with the energy being, so I'll have to scrounge more.

I asked my boys to vote. Here's their list, in no order:

Box - Madison Jeffries
    Major Mapleleaf - Lou Sadler
    Nemesis - Amelia St. Ives
    Puck - Zuzha Yu
    Sasquatch - Walter Langkowski
    Centenniel - Rutherford Princeton
    Puck - Eugene Judd
    Snowbird
    Flex - Adrian Corbo
    Ghost Girl - Lilli
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

Default Re: Vote: Favorite Alphans

[*]Vindicator - Heather Hudson[*]Puck - Eugene Judd [*]Sasquatch - Walter Langkowski [*]Snowbird - Narya/Anne Thompson[*]Talisman - Elizabeth Twoyoungmen [*]Wild Child - Kyle Gibney [*]Radius - Jared Corbo [*]Flex - Adrian Corbo [*]Major Mapleaf - Lou Sadler Jr. [*]Mar -

A little something for everyone. Though I'd seriously consider removing Heather and replacing with a new leader in a different suit and moniker. I think she should be raisiing her baby.

[quote="Cliff"]
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben

Ben
    Jared Corbo - dead as of Uncanny X-men #405.

So is it confirmed dead or presumed dead? Which is it? As you can tell it made no difference in my vote, but it would be nice to know.

Default Re: Vote: Favorite Alphans

Quote Originally Posted by Barnacle13
    [*]Radius - Jared Corbo
    Just making sure you knew he got killed. I didnt' know it. Since noone else has yet voted for a dead character I just wanted to be sure.

A brand new guy in the suit too would create some new conflicts also. Neat idea.

I think the Radius status was discussed on a thread a few months back. Someone wanna go hunt it down I like to work on the principle that he is worm fodder, it helps me sleep at night . However given what we know about his force field, some uncertainty should remain.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Quote Originally Posted by Barnacle13
    So is it confirmed dead or presumed dead? Which is it? As you can tell it made no difference in my vote, but it would be nice to know.
    I'll list him as missing instead, but who knows. If he had to eat through a filter, how could he even breath? Maybe he doesn't really need to and he's fine.

Here's a brief from a #405 synopsis:
    Radius, who's done nothing else of interest in the entire storyline, hires Stacy X to perform her usual services.Â* Then he starts boring her to death with details of his complicated back story from Alpha Flight.Â* Avalanche and the Blob beat them both up and apparently bury Radius in a chasm.Â* We never see him again, so it's unclear whether he survived.

It does sound pretty fatal, but the impact wouldn't have hurt him much if at all. It's really breathing that would prove problematic but Jared was both resourceful and could get quite mad at times (lol). Determined as he was typically, I could see him surviving and digging out.

I'll list him as missing instead, but who knows. If he had to eat through a filter, how could he even breath? Maybe he doesn't really need to and he's fine.
    It's reasons like these I always found Radius a bit of a silly character. His powers raise too many questions that are solved by wierd plot devices like his eating-filter and assumptions like "maybe he dosen't breath."

As of Vol 2, your Mac and old Mac were just sort of left to thier own devices. If they've been killed off after that, I don't know about it. I know it was "a" mac that we saw in Vol3 trapped in the Plodex ship, but we don't know which it was, unless you have a title/issue that shows one of them getting the axe.
    Mac Jr. was killed in Wolverine (vol 2) 143, when, to save the others, he merged with one of AIM's killer robot-things. It blew up with him in it.

Radius also was alive at the end of Vol2.
    Radius was assumed killed in UXM 408 by Avalanche, who dropped him a fissure, then closed it afterwards.

Silver and Auric I don't know about. I remember that they returned to China and all that, but I don't remember then dying.
    I don't know what issue, but they are listed among the dead in a latter issue in series 1 (post issue 85 - 90)

Just keeping you up to speed on things!
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

Quote Originally Posted by HappyCanuck
    I don't know what issue, but they are listed among the dead in a latter issue in series 1 (post issue 85 - 90)

Just keeping you up to speed on things!
    Silver and Auric where described as dead in 'New Warriors Annual' #2. Part of the 'Hero Killers' arc running through four annuals, (Most of them Spiderman)
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!