Thread: Radius

Default Radius

I was wondering in vol 2 of AF, if Jared's forcefield is always present, then how does he change clothes. I know he eats with a matter changer, but his clothes seem to make me wonder. I thought maybe his clothes are outside his field but then I thought, Radius is really reckless-his clothes would get ripped to streds.

Default Re: Radius

Quote Originally Posted by mos_def
    I was wondering in vol 2 of AF, if Jared's forcefield is always present, then how does he change clothes. I know he eats with a matter changer, but his clothes seem to make me wonder. I thought maybe his clothes are outside his field but then I thought, Radius is really reckless-his clothes would get ripped to streds.
    heh the wonder of unstable molecules

Ben

it's the miracle fabric...

Dana

I always wondered how Radius went to the bathroom.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Can you imagine how smelly it'd get in his forcefield if his matter thingie didn't let him drain it every now and then? Ewww...

- Le Messor
    "By protracting life, we do not deduct one jot from the duration of death."

Maybe "things" can leave his forcefield, just not enter it. By the last couple issues, Duncan Rouleau's art was showing him shoot out some type of force field blast. Either that or he was just "backed up". No wonder he had such a short temper. The AF medical plan may not have included laxitives.

Dave

PS
    Hey Ben, I was in PEI last weekend. Have I got a story to tell lol

That makes sense.

He was obviously able to breathe, so maybe his field just wouldn't let things *in*.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Or maybe it wouldn't let in solids and liquids. It'd have to let in gas, if he could breathe.

Then again, look what happened to Unus...

- Le Messor
    "Bye’s First Law of Model Railroading: Anytime you wish to demonstrate something, the number of faults encountered is proportional to the number of viewers."

Maybe it's a sort of anti-kinetic reaction. The field pushes more relative to the force being applied against it.

Quote Originally Posted by jay042
    Maybe it's a sort of anti-kinetic reaction. The field pushes more relative to the force being applied against it.
    Which makes sence: presuming the AK field is attuned to different forces, and air generally moves slowly, it could permeate easier than, say, an apple, that'd have to move at a fraction of the usual speed used to move it from table to face (mind, this would make it hazardous for him in strong wind currents from, say, hurricanes - he'd suffocate!). the more momentum, thus pressure, exuded on the field, the stronger the resistence
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine