Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: #10 Discussion (Spoilers)

Quote Originally Posted by kozzi24
    The power is different enough from the mainstrea...I was trying to defend the word "unique" as it is a unique word often misused.
    There's a lot of unique things that can be done with YJ's powers, but bone control is not unique.
    Manikin's powers kind of were.
    Considering that was completely not the point of my post, it's always amusing to see what people respond to. I agree with Ben that I don't see the correlation to Marrow's power. Just because both powers involve "bones" does not make them the same. Marrow controlled her own bones. He controls the "bones" on him, which I have always assumed were ornamental. There hasn't even been evidence that they are made of carbon. I still contend that it is unique.

I'm guessing Jack's power is magical bone control....as opposed to Mutant bone control, but I could be wrong.

Dana

Makes me wonder if he can control ANY bones, or just those he wears. If it were any bones, then, in theory, he'd have a sort of necrokinesis (assuming he can only control the bones of the dead). Or is it he can control ANY bones - living OR dead (that would be interesting)... okay, I'm babbling now...
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

This may just be the artists concept and may have been discussed before, but did anyone else notice in ish 9 when Jack was getting electrocuted, his upper bone structure seemed consist of the same patern as on his outside? He also didn't seem to have any ribs and his pelvic area was up above his abs area. Again this is probably just artist concept, but I wondered if it was maybe a hint as to how he is immortal and how his powers are used.

HappyCanuck, if he DID control the bones of the dead, do you think maybe it explains his "flashback" (hehe.. aw forget it) when he was impailed through the heart? Maybe he had to "die" to become immortal and "control" his bones? Or maybe it's because it's 12:30am and I just took 3 gravols. Who can say.

PS
    Love the new avatar!

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Canucklehead
    This may just be the artists concept and may have been discussed before, but did anyone else notice in ish 9 when Jack was getting electrocuted, his upper bone structure seemed consist of the same patern as on his outside? He also didn't seem to have any ribs and his pelvic area was up above his abs area. Again this is probably just artist concept, but I wondered if it was maybe a hint as to how he is immortal and how his powers are used.
    Not having #9, I can't comment on that.

HappyCanuck, if he DID control the bones of the dead, do you think maybe it explains his "flashback" (hehe.. aw forget it) when he was impailed through the heart? Maybe he had to "die" to become immortal and "control" his bones? Or maybe it's because it's 12:30am and I just took 3 gravols. Who can say.
    makes sence to me.

PS
    Love the new avatar!
    hehe, Actually it's an old one that I've decided to resurrect. There's a full pic in the fan art gallery.

(for clarification as to WHY I drew it - It's all Ben's fault, he dared me to!)

Quote Originally Posted by HappyCanuck
    hehe, Actually it's an old one that I've decided to resurrect. There's a full pic in the fan art gallery.

(for clarification as to WHY I drew it - It's all Ben's fault, he dared me to!)
    LOL! Man, I really coulda gone through life without seeing that. It's gonna keep me up at nights. I might have to start taking 4 gravols....

Dave

Heh heh, I've gotten that a few times. Someone even said they had to see a therapist to get the nightmares out.

Hmm, I'm half tempted to do something REALLY diabolical now ...

(and for the record, yes, I drew that - on a dare, from Ben, several months ago)

Well as long as it was just for a dare... and you don't keep a copy under your mattress, it's all good.

Just keep ol' Puck out of Vampirella's attire.

No, that was not a dare.

Dave

Well as long as it was just for a dare... and you don't keep a copy under your mattress, it's all good.

Just keep ol' Puck out of Vampirella's attire.

No, that was not a dare.

Dave
    LOL, don't worry, I have something more diabolical in mind...

Do I have to separate you two? oh, BC, NB, I guess you already are.
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokole
    Do I have to separate you two? oh, BC, NB, I guess you already are.
    LOL, now don't blame him. I get these ideas ALL by myself!! He's just fueling the flames

Quote Originally Posted by kozzi24
    I forget the details from V3#1. Was the reason for Rutherford's coma explained? Maybe Nemesis caused it somehow?
    I just love the whole Nemesis-Rutherford angle. And the connection between them was already foreshadowed in earlier issues, so im really happy to see my hunch was correct.

Rutherford's coma has not been explained, but since its said in the comic that Rutherford was at Nem's supposed funeral and gruieved for her, i would tend to think that they met and were separated before Rutherford got married.

*sigh*

I would love to see a mini series with those two. I wolder if Rutherford had powers when he was a cop, or acquired them later...

Quote Originally Posted by bigbloo
    I would love to see a mini series with those two. I wolder if Rutherford had powers when he was a cop, or acquired them later...
    Wasn't his whole thing that he only acquired his powers at 97 years old? I thought that was supposed to be his "hook".

Quote Originally Posted by Ottawa Renegade
    Wasn't his whole thing that he only acquired his powers at 97 years old? I thought that was supposed to be his "hook".
    At one point he's 97, then 96, then 90, then he was in a coma for 15 years, then 10 and I'm pretty sure he said "two decades" at one point. So I wouldn't be surprised if the time in which he attained his powers changed too lol. That was really my only nit-pic of this series. Small details seemed to change from book to book.

D.

Quote Originally Posted by Ottawa Renegade
    At one point he's 97, then 96, then 90, then he was in a coma for 15 years, then 10 and I'm pretty sure he said "two decades" at one point. So I wouldn't be surprised if the time in which he attained his powers changed too lol. That was really my only nit-pic of this series. Small details seemed to change from book to book.

D.
    Yes, that's some cazy continuity...I'm hoping Scott did it intentionally as some sort of gag, but that may not be the case .

Dana