Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Canada to be Annexed?!?! (A MUST READ FOR EVERYONE)

That whole "Canada will be giving up its sovereignty..." is the biggest pile of $#!+!!! No one should believe for one minute the Bush gov't would listen to any input from Canada during a missle attack, nor would they hesitate to destroy missles over Canada leaving us to suffer the fallout, literally! The only reason Bush wants Canada involved, is so we can pick up part of the tab as well as let the US build some silos on our land. Of course, the good thing is the missle system doesn't work so even if an attack happened no missles would probably get intercepted, here or anywhere else. This is one of reasons Canada doesn't want anything to do with Star Wars. Other reasons are:

1. It is escalating international tensions and increasing arms build up.
    2. The nuclear non-proliferation pact signed by the US and Russia was scraped just so the US could chase this rainbow, an utterly idiotic move.
    3. It is a prelude to weaponizing space, something no one other than the Bush gov't wants.
    4. It won't stop a terrorist with a nuclear device from attacking the US, terrorists wouldn't use a missle.
    5. The money being wasted on it could be put to better use, such as: education, job creation, medicare, housing or just paying off the debt.

The US ambassador to Canada, Paul Selucci, is (IMO) someone who needs to shove his head further up his butt so we don't have to listen to anymore of his BS! The same goes for Bush, Cheney, and all the other hawks who would rather waste money, piss off their allies and heighten tensions around the world than take care of their own people.

If I've offended any of you who are American with my rant, I apologize. Understand, it's not aimed at you or your country, but at those in your gov't who are causing all this anger and upset.

True, not much stops terrorists. A missile shield is a bit of a relic from the 1960's, methinks. After all, terrorists who would 'attack' the US or Canada would plan far in advance, make sure to do test runs et al, then do it. Bank robbers generally follow that plan.

No way the Miss-Isle shield will ever do any good but give more money to people who make weapons. Sheesh.
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

Quote Originally Posted by Legerd

If I've offended any of you who are American with my rant, I apologize. Understand, it's not aimed at you or your country, but at those in your gov't who are causing all this anger and upset.
    Great thing about America is that even if it does anger or upset us, we believe that everyone's voice should be heard.

I think we could all throw stones at governments all day long. They don't always do what the people want or feel is right. In DC, there are so many lobbyists bending the ears of American officials that the common man is often not heard. Big business and in this case military contractors have a lot of pull in Washington. In the end, I think we'll get it right. A peaceful coexistence would be much improved without the arsenals the countries of the world sit upon. Granted mine sits on the biggest arsenal, but it would be nice to agree to disagree and leave it at that. Funny isn't it that arsenal starts with the word "arse". Shouldn't that be a clue that we're heading in the wrong direction by building them up.

and "evil" is "live" spelled backwards...don't that say a lot?
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.

Can I say, that I'm proud of my southern neibor (sp?) but I really think you got a very nice justice system (not in every aspect) as it can stand against the president decisions and it's a relief for everyone in the world to see that. Like we saw in the Guantanamo bay verdict and the Shiavo verdict, the gouverment is not above the law. As for that poor woman, it was not the the government to take side and to mix up with the justice departement.

Default Wow!

I didn't even know about this untill I saw it on here!

Seriously, all I ever hear about in Illinois is about Bush's religious right crusade and the deficit....not that anyone on the news ever has anything interesting to say about anything. All we get is a vague description of some things that Bush is pushing for...rarely do we get enough info to even form an informed opinion on anything. As far as the millitary goes, all I ever hear is Bush suporters saying what a good job our boys are doing and the Anti-Bush folks pointing out that our troops are spread too thin... No real news like this ever makes it to the surface.

Why is the Canadian government even considering this plan a posability? The plan dosen't even make any sence! If there's an atack in Canada, the US should simply offer assistance and visa versa....Why create a military that doesn't directly report to eather country?

The US government shouldn't be trusted. The US isn't all bad, but when it comes right down to it our government will do whatever congress feels will benifit the US in the short term, and then blame the long-term reprocusions on someone else later. Especialy with this new form of Republican in control.... Republicans are suposed to be fiscally consirvative and against meddling with citicens personal afairs....Bush's republcans are diferent. Bush gets to be as iresponsible as he wants and he STILL gets enough suport to usualy get his way.

Frankly, I think the US is a lot like ancient Rome, the overall mentality of indiference, the arogance, the nationalism,...completely drunk with power....it'll be my country's downfall eventualy. Good ridence. My country has no culture. It's philisophicaly brain-dead... There are some thoughtfull people left, shure, but it's so much easier to choose to be ignorant and indulge in vavid entertainment while people in power have their way with our country, and then just feign ignorance because we didn't know what's going on. Who has time to think about polatics when our jobs are disapearing and unions are loosing the battle for worker's rights? (once again thanks to Bush and his lackeys)

Ugh, it all just pisses me off so much!

P.S. Problem with our Justice system is that it can only enforce law, not write it. The supreme court could declair an act of congress unconstitutional, but the constitution can be amended. So it's only a safeguard for a little while....If there's enough suport for a constitutional emendment the Courts wouldn't be able to do much about it. When a case falls into a grey area, though, the Judges do afect the law instead if mearly enforcing it, and that's why it's such a big deal when liberal or conservitive judges outweigh eachother...If Bush can get the Justices on his side, he could even further nulify the check and balance system.
    "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Fool me thrice, you must be Marvel."
    -FlightPath07 Don't you feel all important now?

Wow Sage, glad you post again.Incase you dont know, I know you were Diamond Lil n Wildchild on the RPG and I was Northstar and Flashback

Quote Originally Posted by mos_def
    Wow Sage, glad you post again.Incase you dont know, I know you were Diamond Lil n Wildchild on the RPG and I was Northstar and Flashback
    Awsome! Hope we get that RP going again someday.
    "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Fool me thrice, you must be Marvel."
    -FlightPath07 Don't you feel all important now?

Default Re: Wow!

Quote Originally Posted by EccentricSage
    Why is the Canadian government even considering this plan a posability? The plan dosen't even make any sence! If there's an atack in Canada, the US should simply offer assistance and visa versa....Why create a military that doesn't directly report to eather country?
    Bush is pissed off that we didn't support the invasion of Iraq, which has had some adverse reactions with our relations. Most of his anger is due to our former Prime Minister, so our new one is trying to bend over backwards to mend fences. He even was making noises that Canada would take part in BMD, but unfortunately for him and Bush, the majority of us said we didn't want it. Since the government is a minority (they have just enough seats to form a government and therefore must play nice with the opposition parties to pass the bills they want in the House of Commons) they can't simply do whatever they want. Probably the only reason Canada hasn't signed on to the idiocy.

To be fair with you all, I don't think Canada's getting stolen. If America really wanted this place, they would already have taken it. Bush is probably the most agressive of all of America's presidents, and certainly the worst. If he doesn't try to steal Canada by the time his term is done, then nobody will. Furthermore, America has a belief that it has to maintain a "good guy" image as the land of the free and all that (whether it is that good is up for debate), or at least pay lip service to that whole thing.

Look, I'm going to be fair with you all. America may be a total ******* of a country, but the fact is, is that they've treated us better than what we could have had. If they were China, they'd just invade us, torture anybody who went against it, and do all sorts of things that are crimes against humanity. We can curse America's name with good reason, but at the same time, perhaps we should give it a bit of a blessing as well.
    "You will bow down before the almighty Bunghole!"-Cornholio

I don't thik that if the USA wanted us they could just take us. Well, they could, but there would be tremendous reprecussions from Europe, to say nothing of the other "nations" of the world, if this were to happen, IMHO.

Its one thing to invade an Iraq, but to invade a Canada is like picking on the one guy everyone seems to like. Even if no one punches you in the nose for it, to say nothing of everyone jumping you, passive-aggression will work it's will.

In the end, I think that we have problems enough keeping Quebec, that they idea that Canada join an even larger union is absurb and just looking for trouble. Of course, it would be nice if we took our military obligations to ourselves a little more seriously, in terms of funding, up-to-date and operational hardware, a little more integrity amongst the Brass, and alittle less input from "Pacificst-Joe".

In any case, this is all a bunch of bull, the country is doing just fine, and always will be. I'd worry more about China than America.
    "You will bow down before the almighty Bunghole!"-Cornholio

Maybe, but I don't see the Chinese saying, "Give us your waterways or we'll screw your economy up so bad Dickens will look like the good old days." Softwood lumber, SARS, Mahar Arar, the eastern power outage, mad cow,....

Just saying.
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.