Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Canada to be Annexed?!?! (A MUST READ FOR EVERYONE)

Default Canada to be Annexed?!?! (A MUST READ FOR EVERYONE)

For nearly two years now, Ottawa has been quietly negotiating a far-reaching military cooperation agreement, which allows the US Military to cross the border and deploy troops anywhere in Canada, in our provinces, as well station American warships in Canadian territorial waters. This redesign of Canada's defense system is being discussed behind closed doors, not in Canada, but at the Peterson Air Force base in Colorado, at the headquarters of US Northern Command (NORTHCOM).

The creation of NORTHCOM announced in April 2002, constitutes a blatant violation of both Canadian and Mexican territorial sovereignty. Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld announced unilaterally that US Northern Command would have jurisdiction over the entire North American region. Canada and Mexico were presented with a fait accompli. US Northern Command's jurisdiction as outlined by the US DoD includes, in addition to the continental US, all of Canada, Mexico, as well as portions of the Caribbean, contiguous waters in the Atlantic and Pacific oceans up to 500 miles off the Mexican, US and Canadian coastlines as well as the Canadian Arctic.

NorthCom's stated mandate is to "provide a necessary focus for [continental] aerospace, land and sea defenses, and critical support for [the] nation’s civil authorities in times of national need."

(Canada-US Relations - Defense Partnership – July 2003, Canadian American Strategic Review (CASR), http://www.sfu.ca/casr/ft-lagasse1.htm

Rumsfeld is said to have boasted that "the NORTHCOM – with all of North America as its geographic command – 'is part of the greatest transformation of the Unified Command Plan [UCP] since its inception in 1947.'" (Ibid)

Following Prime Minister Jean Chrétien's refusal to join NORTHCOM, a high-level so-called "consultative" Binational Planning Group (BPG), operating out of the Peterson Air Force base, was set up in late 2002, with a mandate to "prepare contingency plans to respond to [land and sea] threats and attacks, and other major emergencies in Canada or the United States".

The BPG's mandate goes far beyond the jurisdiction of a consultative military body making "recommendations" to government. In practice, it is neither accountable to the US Congress nor to the Canadian House of Commons.

The BPG has a staff of fifty US and Canadian "military planners", who have been working diligently for the last two years in laying the groundwork for the integration of Canada-US military command structures. The BPG works in close coordination with the Canada-U.S. Military Cooperation Committee at the Pentagon, a so-called " panel responsible for detailed joint military planning".

Broadly speaking, its activities consist of two main building blocks: the Combined Defense Plan (CDP) and The Civil Assistance Plan (CAP).

The Militarisation of Civilian Institutions

As part of its Civil Assistance Plan (CAP), the BPG is involved in supporting the ongoing militarisation of civilian law enforcement and judicial functions in both the US and Canada. The BPG has established "military contingency plans" which would be activated "on both sides of the Canada-US border" in the case of a terror attack or "threat". Under the BPG's Civil Assistance Plan (CAP), these so-called "threat scenarios" would involve:

"coordinated response to national requests for military assistance [from civil authorities] in the event of a threat, attack, or civil emergency in the US or Canada."

In December 2001, in response to the 9/11 attacks, the Canadian government reached an agreement with the Head of Homeland Security Tom Ridge, entitled the "Canada-US Smart Border Declaration." Shrouded in secrecy, this agreement essentially hands over to the Homeland Security Department, confidential information on Canadian citizens and residents. It also provides US authorities with access to the tax records of Canadians.

What these developments suggest is that the process of "binational integration" is not only occurring in the military command structures but also in the areas of immigration, police and intelligence. The question is what will be left over within Canada's jurisdiction as a sovereign nation, once this ongoing process of binational integration, including the sharing and/or merger of data banks, is completed?

Canada and NORTHCOM

Canada is slated to become a member of NORTHCOM at the end of the BPG's two years mandate.

No doubt, the issue will be presented in Parliament as being "in the national interest". It "will create jobs for Canadians" and "will make Canada more secure".

Meanwhile, the important debate on Canada's participation in the US Ballistic Missile Shield, when viewed out of the broader context, may serve to divert public attention away from the more fundamental issue of North American military integration which implies Canada's acceptance not only of the Ballistic Missile Shield, but of the entire US war agenda, including significant hikes in defense spending which will be allocated to a North American defense program controlled by the Pentagon.

And ultimately what is at stake is that beneath the rhetoric, Canada will cease to function as a Nation:

Its borders will be controlled by US officials and confidential information on Canadians will be shared with Homeland Security.

US troops and Special Forces will be able to enter Canada as a result of a binational arrangement.

Canadian citizens can be arrested by US officials, acting on behalf of their Canadian counterparts and vice versa.

But there is something perhaps even more fundamental in defining and understanding where Canada and Canadians stand as a Nation.

The World is at the crossroads of the most serious crisis in modern history. The US has launched a military adventure which threatens the future of humanity. It has formulated the contours of an imperial project of World domination. Canada is contiguous to "the center of the empire". Territorial control over Canada is part of the US geopolitical and military agenda.

The Liberals as well as the opposition Conservative party have endorsed embraced the US war agenda. By endorsing a Canada-US "integration" in the spheres of defense, homeland security, police and intelligence, Canada not only becomes a full fledged member of George W. Bush's "Coalition of the Willing", it will directly participate, through integrated military command structures, in the US war agenda in Central Asia and the Middle East, including the massacre of civilians in Iraq and Afghanistan, the torture of POWs, the establishment of concentration camps, etc.

Under an integrated North American Command, a North American national security doctrine would be formulated. Canada would be obliged to embrace Washington's pre-emptive military doctrine, including the use of nuclear warheads as a means of self defense, which was ratified by the US Senate in December 2003. (See Michel Chossudovsky, The US Nuclear Option and the "War on Terrorism" http://globalresearch.ca/articles/CHO405A.html May 2004)

Moreover, binational integration in the areas of Homeland security, immigration, policing of the US-Canada border, not to mention the anti-terrorist legislation, would imply pari passu acceptance of the US sponsored police State, its racist policies, its "ethnic profiling" directed against Muslims, the arbitrary arrest of anti-war activists.

http://globalresearch.ca/articles/CHO411C.html
    http://www.sfu.ca/casr/ft-lagasse1.htm
    Nothing is true, everything is permitted.
    — Hassan-i-Sabbah

Heavy stuff.
    As an average American, I'd most likely to see Canada shares its universal health care.
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.

Well, for myself - no offence meant to any Americans on the list - but I'd rather see the US reform itself to better match Canadian ideals. The notion of the US having power enough to send their forces into my country any time they damn well want to, that's a bit unsettling. THis 'NORTHCOM' objective is a LITTLE too close to occupation for my liking. And here I thought we were 'allies' with the Americans. This can only get bad...
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

No offense taken from the American, Allan. I'm kinds scared for you over this.
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.

This is something I've been pointing out to others for 3 years. Not to offend anyone but I have learned to intensly dislike Bush and his people. Where I work several people must deal with problems of border nature with the US and several have quit working rather than go to the US anymore.

I have said before that this should be dealt with in Alpha Flight, with the US being replaced by SHIELD. SHIELD uses some silly pretext to try and take over Dept. H (after all, Canada isn't doing enough to fight/prosecute 'terrorists') and thus part of Canada's soveriegnty, Alpha Flight decides to fight SHIELD's small forces tooth and nail, losing some members but winning in the end when, just as SHIELD brings in substantially more forces to try and turn the tide, media reports show the Super Soldiers, Big Hero Six, and others flying into Canadian Air Space. SHIELD backs off, knowing that engaging these groups means the conflict will extend into their countries, possibly igniting WWIII.

Alpha Flight is persona non grata with SHIELD afterwards. Super Soldiers and Big Hero Six allie with AF anyway.
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokole
    This is something I've been pointing out to others for 3 years. Not to offend anyone but I have learned to intensly dislike Bush and his people. Where I work several people must deal with problems of border nature with the US and several have quit working rather than go to the US anymore.

I have said before that this should be dealt with in Alpha Flight, with the US being replaced by SHIELD. SHIELD uses some silly pretext to try and take over Dept. H (after all, Canada isn't doing enough to fight/prosecute 'terrorists') and thus part of Canada's soveriegnty, Alpha Flight decides to fight SHIELD's small forces tooth and nail, losing some members but winning in the end when, just as SHIELD brings in substantially more forces to try and turn the tide, media reports show the Super Soldiers, Big Hero Six, and others flying into Canadian Air Space. SHIELD backs off, knowing that engaging these groups means the conflict will extend into their countries, possibly igniting WWIII.

Alpha Flight is persona non grata with SHIELD afterwards. Super Soldiers and Big Hero Six allie with AF anyway.
    Thank you Moloke, you've just given me more ideas for my idea I posted in "What if you wrote Alpha Flight"

Quote Originally Posted by HappyCanuck
    Well, for myself - no offence meant to any Americans on the list - but I'd rather see the US reform itself to better match Canadian ideals. The notion of the US having power enough to send their forces into my country any time they damn well want to, that's a bit unsettling. THis 'NORTHCOM' objective is a LITTLE too close to occupation for my liking. And here I thought we were 'allies' with the Americans. This can only get bad...
    Welcome to the world that George Dubya would like to see. He's a bully and a moron(IMO)....what a combo.

Dana

Quote Originally Posted by kozzi24
    No offense taken from the American, Allan. I'm kinds scared for you over this.
    I appreciate the concern...but I would hope that Americans are scared for their own well-being as well! This should scare the sh*t out of anyone.
    The only 'superpower' in the world 'asserting it's might' by basically taking over whoever it wants.
    If this scenario were to come to pass, I would personally see to a Canadian insurrection myself.
    Let's make like it's 1812 and walk on down for a 'visit.' That kinda thing.
    — Hassan-i-Sabbah

I pity any country who trys to invade Canada. There is not a citizen up there who doesn't know how to effectively wield:

A.) A gun, big or small
    B.) A hockey stick or a crosse
    C.) A fish as a deadly weapon.

I can see where the US would seek to be able to enter unobstructed to protect our borders but lets face it we're so screwed up down here that it would never happen.

Quote Originally Posted by PWalk
    I can see where the US would seek to be able to enter unobstructed to protect our borders but lets face it we're so screwed up down here that it would never happen.
    I do not see nor understand why the US would want to challenge or infringe on the sovereignty of another country by freely entering that country with an armed batallion that answers to no one.
    That isn't protection, that's fascism.
    — Hassan-i-Sabbah

Having spent considerable time in Europe over the last few years (up to five months a calendar year) I have seen hints of the atiitude some people there have that a Canadian is no different from an America. Kind of the same as they laugh at Americans who say "I'm Italian" (or whatever nationallity) and respond, "no, you're an American, fat ash." Kind of the same tongue in cheek humor Americans have when dealing with Englishmen who don't consider themselves European.
    Putting aside the politics of who the current Prime Minister and president are:
    what Phil and Del's take on this?
    www.kozzi.us

Quote Originally Posted by tkmadison
    I do not see nor understand why the US would want to challenge or infringe on the sovereignty of another country by freely entering that country with an armed batallion that answers to no one.
    That isn't protection, that's fascism.
    It is, indeed TK.....and I find it(like I find our president) absolutely terrifying.

Dana

starting to look like the reported 50,000 applications for immigration from the US in the last month may be moot. However, if the current nation-wide protest of Bush's visit to Canada (even here in a town of less than 8000 - they say well over 6000 people showed up to protest at the court house today in responce) says anything, it says 'We Are Canadian', no one, not even the 'great' GW Bush can take that away from us. (No wonder the world doesn't take us seriously: we get our national pride from a beer commercial!)

That's okay...me mate in Edmonton just found out that unless she caught, smoked, and package some salmon herself, she can't send it as a gift to the states...nothing from respectable companies allowed...at least as the dame at the post office told her...so no terrorist salmon from Canada allowed in the states or so it would seem...
    Hell was full, so I came back.

and to darken everyone's mood even more...I have a little story. =p

My dad was in the US Navy for 30 years...that's how I ended up with the mixed up nationality background that I have. (born in New Zealand, raised in Aussie and Hawai'i primarily, citizen of both NZ and the US) In Aussie he was stationed at a communications station on the North West Cape.

It was scary when you saw the Americans trying to turn the place into 'Little America' because the Aussie's laid back way of life was to far beneath the American standards...I'm not kidding I heard someone say that once..

In short...where ever the US military shows up...stupidity and general embarrassment of the US is sure to follow...thankfully Dad was of the thinking 'When in Rome, do as the Romans do.'

They pull stunts like this too in US territories and states not attached to the continent. The locals in Hawai'i had a field day laughing at the mainlanders.
    Hell was full, so I came back.