Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alpha Flight Volume 2: Waxing Poetic Tpb

Default Alpha Flight Volume 2: Waxing Poetic Tpb

Hi, I found this on amazon:

Alpha Flight Volume 2: Waxing Poetic Tpb
    List Price: $14.99
    Product Details:

Paperback: 144 pages
    Publisher: Marvel Comics (April 20, 2005)
    ISBN: 0785115692

Nice! I think the Sabretooth LS is also going to be released as a TPB sometime around then also. I still haven't seen Alpha Flight Volume 1: YGBKM TPB yet, even though the release date was 11/24/04...

Love,
    rplass

He rplass. welcome to the boards.

He;s fairly successful, so I think many comic shops do it the way my dealer does...they don't preorder many trades unless someone has asked for it. Between weight charges and that his regular clientele are usually more interested in "pamphlets," he leaves the trades to bookstores. Actually, figures on sales sources for trades would be an interesting look. Anyone know a source?
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.

TPB #1 ships this week, one week late, along with #10.

ANADPT?

That's. . . New. Anyway, I'm debating picking up the TPB. On the one hand, I missed issues 1 and 3. *weeps*

I don't have a whole lot of money to throw around though. . . . But supporting the title might make me want to pick it up. TPB sales have been known to uncancel things. . .

Default Got it!!

Ah, Volume 1 is now in my clutches. It was carried by my comic shop right next to ANADAF#10. It's so shiny. So, so shiny. The only differences between the TPB and the regular issues is the lack of creative credits on splash pages, and of course the original cover art that begins each chapter is modified to remove the titles and issue/date info. All standard TPB stuff. There's also a filler page of all maple leafs to orient the facing pages correctly between two of the issues.

I'll have to wait until Apr 2005 for volume 2, hopefully that will be just as shiny. Man, it really is shiny.

Love,

rplass

Seeing as how I have every issue right up to issue 8 (thanks Del ), I don't see any real need to pick up the TPB's. Besides, in the case of the second TPB, isn't a TBP of two issues a bit overkill? Mind, i DO have 'The Gift' TPB (thanks Swifty )...
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

The "Waxing Poetic" TPB will cover everything from issue 7 to the end of the series.

Quote Originally Posted by Defunct
    The "Waxing Poetic" TPB will cover everything from issue 7 to the end of the series.
    Folks will probably read that and wonder why the book flopped. I think the present arc has shown a lot of promise. The first arc was a bit slow, so I can understand the title cooling off dramatically. Coming out of the time travel arc, anything is possible, or would have been. The book has improved, unfortunately its fate was determined before wqe got to the better stories.

Huh? That seems pretty weird. The establishment that Walter is in Antarctica (or more to the point, not in fact Walter but instead just your average, run-o-the-mill Bigfoot - lol) is in #6. The origins of Ghost Girl and the other "Betas" is in there as is Maddison's kidnapping at the hands of Scorpio. Granted, the slightly superflous Mesmero thing is in there, but that's foundational to show that the new group can hold thier own.

Besides, if you're doing 14 issues, what's 6 more?

Um, Cliff: "Waxing Poetic" is the second arc in volume 3. The legacies et al were introduced in volume 2, and have nothing to do with this TPB.
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

Quote Originally Posted by Cliff
    Huh? That seems pretty weird. The establishment that Walter is in Antarctica (or more to the point, not in fact Walter but instead just your average, run-o-the-mill Bigfoot - lol) is in #6. The origins of Ghost Girl and the other "Betas" is in there as is Maddison's kidnapping at the hands of Scorpio. Granted, the slightly superflous Mesmero thing is in there, but that's foundational to show that the new group can hold thier own.

Besides, if you're doing 14 issues, what's 6 more?

Heh heh, the vol.2 in the title of the TPB means second voume of TBP for the All New All Different Alpha Flight It's for the current run, not the Steve Seagle run that we all call vol.2

Ben :P

That makes the title make sense too. I was wondering why they were calling a V2 TPB "Waxing Poetic" when that was a V3 arc.

Der.

Thanks, Mr. Amazon for this info: the cover art for the TPB Vol 2 of Alpha Flight Vol 3 (get that, folks?) is the same artwork as TANADAF # 7. It's my least favorite TANADAF cover... I wish they had chosen #10! Plus, there's a new bit of text:

"Is the all-new, all-different Alpha Flight really disbanding already? Not if the rest of the Marvel Universe has anything to say about it! Montreal faces its gravest hour as it falls under attack by... wax statues of the entire Marvel Universe? Plus: Can Alpha Flight pull itself together in time to save this crown jewel of Quebec? Continuing the Marvel tradition of classic time-traveling stories! Former Alpha Flight ally Flashback comes begging our heroes to time-jump to the past and stop his future self from dying in an attack that involves the original Alpha Flight, and... Omega Flight! Collects Alpha Flight #7-12"

Search around for it on the big site... it's not too hard to find.

Love,
    rplass

The cover previously advertised on Mr. Amazon's site has apparently been replaced by the cover art from TANADAF # 11. Good. I don't know why it was switched, but I'm glad it was switched. The due date is also moved up to 4/6/05, not April 20th as previously mentioned earlier in this thread.

SO SHINY! SO SO SHINY!!!

On the other hand, these tpb's are getting expensive to collect. Each AF appearance is being re-published in a form costing $14.99US and it's really starting to add up!

Wolverine: Enemy of the State [featuring the uh, non-death of Northstar in issue #25] is also being published as a stand-alone tpb in April. That one is $19.99! Also at 144p, it costs five more bucks because Wolverine's on the cover!

Then there's X-Men: The End Book One: Dreamers & Demons $14.99 as well as Sabretooth LS tpb $14.99 plus X-Men: Day of the Atom [featuring two issues with Northstar] at $19.99.

Total tpb in Feb thru April = $84.95!!! Completism is Expensivism!

Love,
    rplass

I have now Vol.1 and Vol.2 and happy about that. Allthough I had to pay $27 for each up here in Canada....damn currency