Thread: Reality is a state of Turkey

Reality can also be distorted by too much turkey.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahab
    Tell me more, I'm intriqued by this concept.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Quote Originally Posted by DelBubs
    Tell me more, I'm intriqued by this concept.
    Well, take an 18 - 20 lb bird (more or less, depending on size of family. Del, you'd need about five 20 lb'ers), roast them for about 6 - 8 hours to get the right amount of fermented tryptophan (a natural seditive), don't forget the fifteen - twenty lb's of pototoes (the starch, with the right enzymes become sugar that ferments into alcohol). Then you got miscellanious veggies and h'or d'ourves (or however it's spelled), plus traditional drinks (many of which are already alcohol-laden).

Yeah, there's a reason Canadians have Thanksgiving a month early - we need the extra time to sober up before Christmas!!
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

The same effect can be achieved by having somone rush up behind you and wrap a 18-20lb turkey around the back of your head. Concussiion ensues, but at least you don't have to eat the turkey. I'd rather chew cardboard, which has a better taste IMHO.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Have you thought about putting the turkey on your head, wearing oversized sunglasses and a fez, and dancing?

Worked on Friends.

- Le Messor
    "Beware the legless man who teaches running."

Mr Bean did it better. Not sure what is the better option, eating the turkey or sticking your head up it's arse. Opinions ?
    Del

Thanks to Happy Canuck for doing a pretty darn good job of covering the whole turkey meal prep summary! I'm finally out of my coma, so I can now respond...

Mr Bean did it better. Not sure what is the better option, eating the turkey or sticking your head up it's arse. Opinions ?
    I guess it depends on what the turkey has been eating...
    Sorry...I never said that I wasn't capable of disgusting thoughts...

Thanks to Happy Canuck for doing a pretty darn good job of covering the whole turkey meal prep summary! I'm finally out of my coma, so I can now respond...

I guess it depends on what the turkey has been eating...
    Sorry...I never said that I wasn't capable of disgusting thoughts...
    I would assume the turkey to be dead and de-gibleted. Inserting your head into the rear orifice of a live viable turkey would seem to be a difficult proposition and slightly suspect.
    Del

another fun thing is, before the turky is prepped and stuffed, put an egg in it. Depending on the frame of mind of the cook, this can amuse, shock or downright frighten the cook.
    Beratement by my mother for doing this one time has become a Thanksgiving tradition for the past fifteen years.
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.

A really serious reality-altering substance is the most wonderous teriyaki chicken at Top Gun Sushi...(it's basically like BBQ but UBER).
    Canada rules supreme.