Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I'm taking action....anybody want to join me?

It is....

joe@joequesada.com

Dana

Happy house-building to you, Ben.

I think a waiting period was the right call:

Thank you JKZ. Your registration has been successful. The administrator wishes to preview all new registered accounts before posting permissions are granted. The administrator has been notified of your registration.
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.

It mentions a waiting period when you sign up, this stops spam robots etc from creating multiple accounts and posting junk straight away.
    If people are willing to sign up and then wait before posting they're more likely to be actual fans.

I got in and posted today after signing up on Wednesday or Thursday! So keep trying kiddies, eventually you'll be accepted!

Come on guys and gals.....the thread has slipped down to page five! It's entitled "Please bring back Alpha Flight...".

Dana

Not much I can do about it. I got a reply two days ago saying nothing. Blank. No info in it at all, about my registration. Huh.
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

here's the answer I got from Joe Quesada to my email...

no subject

Thanks for your concern with Alpha Flight, unfortunately the orders on
    the
    book weren't what we would have hoped for. However, that's the beauty
    of
    comics, the fans decide what stays and what doesn't, so it is
    completely democratic
    in that fashion.

Best,
    JQ

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrkoenig67
    here's the answer I got from Joe Quesada to my email...

no subject

Thanks for your concern with Alpha Flight, unfortunately the orders on
    the
    book weren't what we would have hoped for. However, that's the beauty
    of
    comics, the fans decide what stays and what doesn't, so it is
    completely democratic
    in that fashion.

Best,
    JQ
    Well, isn't that isn't the biggest load of mapleleafs I've ever heard....

Ben

clayton shows up at x-fan.

Someone want to explain to me how someone can be happy that a book is being cancelled? Why the F would you even care?!? Just don't buy it! It doesn't take a GED to figure that out. If you get joy out of witnessing someone else's failure then you lead a sad existence. I really don't like Queer Eye for the Straight Guy, but I couldn't care less if it gets cancelled or not.

oooooohhh which thread did he post that in? Gotta get in on some of that action!

Ben

[quote="Ben"]
    Quote Originally Posted by cmdrkoenig67

Well, isn't that isn't the biggest load of mapleleafs I've ever heard....

Ben
    Isn't it though?... Although, I wasn't even expecting an answer. It doesn't mean we should stop trying.

Dana

Dana, would you mind if I quoted what he said to you in that in an email to him? I really want to challange him on this point and get a proper explanation out of him why Marvel is willing to retool and promote other books but not AF. I have asked for such a thing on his forum, but would also like to email him in response to this.

Ben

agreed. Never give up. No matter what. Marvel gives up too easily and often, hence short-term planning and long-term failure (hence bankruptcy).

I finally got to post at Quesada's website. I am keeping up the fight!
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

Never mind, word for word he said the same thing to me, I'm on a rant now!

EDIT

Here is my letter in response:

Pardon me Mr. Quesada, but I think this is a very unfair comment to make. How can you blame the sales numbers on fans not buying a book when the company you represent has put no effort in to making the title work? Don't tell me the beauty of the industry is in it's democracy, when people don't know the vote is out there! You launched this title with absolutely no effort put into promotion. No advertisements were run, no guest appearances were made in other titles, you didn't even offer the title for subscription, while you were offering huge deals on other tittles to bring up sales. You actually want to tell me that it's all about sales, where the sales for She Hulk are in the same range, and you are willing to re-tool that book to make it work...but not Alpha Flight. Fans cried out for a more old-school style, and though I have loved this incarnation, I would rather see it re-tooled than canceled. Sales drop, the axe falls, did your R&D guys put any effort into figuring out why sales were dropping?

You didn't give this unique direction a chance to get going, and had you put some time into promoting the book a bit, you it would have had the time to get established. New ideas often take time to catch on, and the reviews that the book is getting now is proof that it has found it's direction.

Do you want to know what fans are saying Mr. Quesada? Look no further than your own forum: http://www.joequesada.com/cgi-bin/ik...ST;f=1;t=23649

Look at the petition: http://save.alphaflight.net/petition/petition.php

Visit with the fans at the Alpha Flight Forum http://forum.alphaflight.net

With such a dedicated following doesn't this tell you something?

I don't think that a publisher has the right to bemoan poor sales if they didn't take any steps to get the word out about the book. I also think it's a sad reflection of the industry that rather than finding problem areas and fixing them that you would just turn your back on a book and it's fans. No wonder there are so few comic readers these days, as they keep getting alienated and sick of seeing titles they care for fall under the axe without due chance.

Prove me wrong Mr. Quesada, prove to me that Marvel does care about it's fans and give them the Alpha Flight they want. Plese respond to me with more than a cookie cutter email, I want know what you actually have to say about this matter.

Ben Wells