Thread: Hypothetical Comics Presents...

Default Hypothetical Comics Presents...

I've put this in the 'Other Comics' forum cos the subject matter could probably make an interesting read.

Now if Marvel said to you, I want you to write a one off issue for a series highlighting obscure characters. Who would you chose? I won't explain my choice just yet, cos I want to see what people come up with first, to gauge ideas... However, I will say my choice would be Mayhem
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Depending on the page count I'd have, I'd go with the original trie of Soviet Super Soldiers, Darkstar, Vanguard and Ursa Major. But maybe there's some Alpha bias in that seeing there are some definite parallels with the Alphas that appeared in Machine Man #18.
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.

The three Alphans who went after Machine Man against the original Super Soldiers would make an intriquing match up. Not sure how Aurora and Northstar would fare, but I reckon Sas would kick Ursa Major into next week.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

My choice would have to be OMEGA THE UNKNOWN.

MM

How about Darkhawk, Sleepwalker and the Slingers!
    So Says Scarlettspiderg! And yes that is my letter (GP) in ANAD AF 12.

I would have to say....Black Widow.

Not Natasha, but the original Black Widow from the golden age of books. She was a psychic who made a deal with the devil (Mephisto...or whoever now) after she died, to come back and kill villains to give him more souls. I think that the concept has possiblities...

-Mystic
    Where are we going, and why are we in this hand-basket??

MM : Omega The Unknown, that monicker is known to me, but can't actually place the character at present.

ScarlettSpider : Darkhawk is a good choice, to good a character to leave in limbo. I'm sure I read somwhere that Sleepwalker was going to get a new series (not sure if ongoing or limited), but somthing put a stop to that. As for the Slingers, well I'll leave that alone.

Mystic : I don't know that Black Widow, but doesn't half sound a similar concept to Nemesis. Wonder if any comparisons were considerd by Byrne?
    Del

Feedback, Witchfire.
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

Yeah, it is actually an interesting character, that I am very tempted to write a fanfic for (How many times have I said that now?? ). You can read more about her here.

Cheers,
    -Mystic
    Where are we going, and why are we in this hand-basket??

Sleepwalker had a segment in Marvels Epic Anthology, which lasted 1 issue and didnt show if it was the Sleepwalker of the 90's. MEA hasent been published since and so Sleepwalker went back to limbo.

Doesn't anyone remeber Marvel Comics Present. What about 3-D Man, El Aguila, White Tiger (Hispanic Black Panther rip off) or the Torpedo. I would also have no problem with Wyre. I can see the comparisons with Cable, but he was a way better character than Cable.
    Del

How about Solo? He recently made an appearance in Cable/Deadpool, could be kinda good to see how his war is going on (ok he's a Punisher rip but he had powers!).