Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: #12 Speculation

Hybrid View

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Default #12 Speculation

What if the cover isn't simply an homage?
    I'm thinking maybe the traditional #12 death is them realising that Mac had to die for things to go as they should, so that this #12 death is the first #12 death.

Emphasis on the 'maybe'.

- Le Messor
    "At some point we will actually see dinosaurs on this dinosaur tour, right?"
    - Prof. Ian Malcolm (Jurassic Park)

A very good possiblity there.

I'll speculate that the line saying " And you won't believe who shows up to say good-bye!" is the original team returning. I wouldn't be shocked to find out if Marvel told Scott he had to bring them back before tying the book up.

Ben

Quote Originally Posted by Ben
    I wouldn't be shocked to find out if Marvel told Scott he had to bring them back before tying the book up.
    Ben
    As much as I'd hate for Scott to have to change his original ending, this would be a good sign that Marvel actually intends to use them in the future. (Probably end up being a MKnights series or something)

PS
    I finally got my issues 5, 8 and 9!.. but it's a hollow feeling now.

PSS..PPS? whatever...
    (Not to go back to ish 9, but I didn't see anything confusing about it at all)

-Davey

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Canucklehead
    PSS..PPS? whatever...
    (Not to go back to ish 9, but I didn't see anything confusing about it at all)
    -Davey
    Nobody did. Lobdell just seemed to think it'd be funny to make the characters look really stoopid.

Of course, they're not sci-fi geeks, and therefore not used to time-travel stories; but in their universe, they've prob'ly read plenty of REAL ones.

- Le Messor
    'I'm a great cook... In theory. I've eaten a lot.'
    Buffy

I figure #12 will have Byrne AF return prematurely from Plodex world, maybe Hudson Girl will get a name, and ANADAF will be written out of continuity. Not killed or timewiped, just quit and go back to whatever. Not that Lobdell had that planned. Who know for sure, but I'd bet on the Byrne AF return.

Also, Zuzha learns Judd is her father and maybe Yukon Jack packs it in altogether.

Still, #10-12 should be good!
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben
    A very good possiblity there.

I'll speculate that the line saying " And you won't believe who shows up to say good-bye!" is the original team returning. I wouldn't be shocked to find out if Marvel told Scott he had to bring them back before tying the book up.

Ben
    Or possibly Scott planned for the original team to return from the very beginning...

Maybe the entire team will buy it, so we don't have to buy the X-Men issues that they get offed in! Sorry, just a little bitter with the cancellation notice!

Quote Originally Posted by Barnacle13
    Maybe the entire team will buy it, so we don't have to buy the X-Men issues that they get offed in! Sorry, just a little bitter with the cancellation notice!
    Hey, that's a long shot, but it'd sure be a shocker! Also, Le Messor mentioned he believes the one to die will be Mac because his non-death was what caused this whole mess in the 4-ish arc. But what about this: They have to go back in time and TAMPER with his Guardian suit that originally makes it explode! Now THAT would be full circle! Not ruining an original Byrne story, but giving it more meaning.

Dave

Hey, that's a long shot, but it'd sure be a shocker! Also, Le Messor mentioned he believes the one to die will be Mac because his non-death was what caused this whole mess in the 4-ish arc. But what about this: They have to go back in time and TAMPER with his Guardian suit that originally makes it explode! Now THAT would be full circle! Not ruining an original Byrne story, but giving it more meaning.
    Dave
    Unfortunately Dave, time travel won't change the (real life) fact that the original Byrne "Guardian's Death" story WAS already ruined by three different writers(Nicieza, Furman and Austen)three times over....making Mac the biggest AF punchline.

Dana

But, in a way, it would be nice if The did something like undo the damage and Mac gets dead and stays dead, though that would mean no girl Hudson. Otherwise history wouldn't really change much, Galactus still would get beaten anyway.

I'm kind of hoping #12 cleans up some of the character mess. It's WAY too much to expect that Flinch, Ouija, Flex, and Murmur all died a la Cleric, that Persuasion and Diamond Lil were killed by Weapon X, Talisman starts up Omega Flight with most of the rest of X-AF, and Byrne AF mostly melds with Lobdell AF. Too much to expect, I doubt even 1% will happen.
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

Images

Dave wrote:
    But what about this: They have to go back in time and TAMPER with his Guardian suit that originally makes it explode!
    That's closer to what I said than you seem to think, but I like your version even better.
    That said, to be honest, I don't think Lobdell's been using that kind of subtlety on this series - or tragedy.
    Hey, tho', it'd hearken back to the Classic Trek episode 'City On The Edge of Forever'. Just as Dark Phoenix does 'Where No Man Has Gone Before' and 'Charlie X' (ironically). - Note to Lobdell: Don't steal from the people you idolise. Steal from the people they stole from. You'll do a much better job 'copying' them that way.
    BTW, I didn't say I -believe- Guardian will be the death; just that it's a possibility.
    - Le Messor
    "To steal from one source is plagiarism. To steal from many sources is research."

Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor
    That's closer to what I said than you seem to think, but I like your version even better.
    That said, to be honest, I don't think Lobdell's been using that kind of subtlety on this series - or tragedy.
    Hey, tho', it'd hearken back to the Classic Trek episode 'City On The Edge of Forever'. Just as Dark Phoenix does 'Where No Man Has Gone Before' and 'Charlie X' (ironically). - Note to Lobdell: Don't steal from the people you idolise. Steal from the people they stole from. You'll do a much better job 'copying' them that way.
    BTW, I didn't say I -believe- Guardian will be the death; just that it's a possibility.
    - Le Messor
    "To steal from one source is plagiarism. To steal from many sources is research."
    D'oh, sorry bud! I figured that's where you were going and I didn't mean to misquote you. I'll pay more attention next time!

Dave

I thin k the person lkely to show up to say goodbye will be Stan Lee. (lol) Some wacky cameo...that'd be appropriate for the book anyway...

[edit]

Actually, it just occured to me...it's MML.

He goes back in time to change history, but it's a history where he didnt' change time. Since his entire lineage is based on the existance of his father as MML before him, a character that really wasn't a contemporary of Captain America and the original Invaders and all, he realizes that he's an anomoly and knocks Mac silly, steals his suit and dons it himself...vaporizing in the process to save the continuum.

Whats the betting the timestream gets so f**ked up that in a variation of the Manikin story where he talked to Mantlo, MML starts conversing with Lobdell.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Quote Originally Posted by DelBubs
    Whats the betting the timestream gets so f**ked up that in a variation of the Manikin story where he talked to Mantlo, MML starts conversing with Lobdell.
    And if that had not have been Mantlo's last issue, it would have been my last issue! I hated that then, and still cringe to think of it.
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.