Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: After Alpha #12

You may have seen, by the way, that Marvel made a wallpaper of issue #12's cover...

http://marvelcomics.com/wallpaper/pa...GHT_12_800.jpg

Maybe...just maybe....issue 12 is the "last" issue that ANAD Af appears as a team and the originals return(absorbing most of the new team into themselves?)? Too much to hope for?....probably, but it's just a thought.

Dana

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrkoenig67
    Maybe...just maybe....issue 12 is the "last" issue that ANAD Af appears as a team and the originals return(absorbing most of the new team into themselves?)? Too much to hope for?....probably, but it's just a thought.

Dana
    Never give up hope Dana! Maybe all the emails and snail mails and maple syrup will get someone at Marvel to pull their head out of their butt and do something to keep Alpha going.

you would think that if they had plans of doing something like that, they would have made it public knowlege by now, if for no other reason to keep from "ticking" to many fans off. I would love for something like that to happen, but I don't think we'll see a new AF book within a year or two at leat. But it's well worth making a stink, and shouting out what we wanna see!

As of tomorrow it will have been a week since I publically (on HIS forum) asked for JoQ to address fan concerns about AF's cancellation, lack of advertising, and lack of commitment to re-tooling the book, with no respons, and likewise a week tomorrow since I responded with the same concerns to his form letter he sent a bunch of us, again with no response. Tomorrow I will just have to say how dissapointed his attitude of ignoring AF fans has been, and make much more of a stink about it. I'm officially one pissed off hippy, and that aint a pretty sight!

Ben

Well, to be positive when ANADAF was to come out Marvel never said so and the buzz was coming from who knows where until what, August or September? So I expect about the same level of non-publicity from Quesada this time, if there is a this time.

Wait too long, Marvel, and lose another half million dollars in revenue. Again.
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

marvel will lose my money with the end of AF....It is the only Marvel book I'm getting(besides the ocassional Handbook), since Weapon X was cancelled. After that, goodbye marvel...(At least until the Weapon x mini comes out....if it's any good...oh...and only if it has Former Alphans in it ).

Dana

Dana
    Sooo, sorta like what they did at the end of V2? Yeah, remember how well THAT ended up? Yeah, exactly...
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

Quote Originally Posted by HappyCanuck

Dana
    Sooo, sorta like what they did at the end of V2? Yeah, remember how well THAT ended up? Yeah, exactly...

That's not at all, what I meant.

Dana

Quote Originally Posted by HappyCanuck

That's not at all what I meant.

Dana
    I know it wasn't Dana, I was just making a point.
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

Hey Dana, hope you picked up (no adjective) X-Men #163. Good Northstar/Sabretooth fight.
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.

Yes, I did pick that issue up. I just wish that if the writers of the X-books want to hold on to Northstar, that they would actually use him(like in these issues)...instead of having him just as a teacher and appearing randomly(when the urge hits them).

Dana

Come on Phil, you sound like you know something we don't. Now how can that be?
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

Yes, I did pick that issue up. I just wish that if the writers of the X-books want to hold on to Northstar, that they would actually use him(like in these issues)...instead of having him just as a teacher and appearing randomly(when the urge hits them).

Dana
    I dunno what was with that. Reading between the lines of some of the Austen-leaving interviews on Newsrama and around, I think Austen may have wanted to just explore Northstar's love life, and I do think that cheapens him as a character. There's a lot of untapped backstory.
    I guess it is good if New X-Men will use him as a teacher, it's what he was brought in for. Maybe if he is picked up by an X-writer that wants to use him for strong and entertaining (if abrasive) character in a group, we'd see more of him.
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.

AFAIC...Northstar belongs in AF, where he's an actual member of the team. He should be used and developed THERE, not in a stupid(because there's a billion of them, with a billion characters in each) X-book.

Dana