Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: After Alpha #12

Default After Alpha #12

Wouldn't it be interesting if Marvel let the results of time travel by this new rendition of Alpha Flight actually wipe out all of the horrible plotlines and retcons that have occurred during Alpha's many series? This would be a way to clean up and simplify the team, making Alpha more accessible to new readers. I realize that this is a controversial subject and I am not necessarily condoning the idea, but it would be an interesting solution to some of the convoluted messes that have occurred...

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

I'm not saying it's a bad idea, but I'm not sure it could work logically.

For one thing, most of those things were 'in the past'; before the times they've been travelling to, therefore before they influenced them.

Unless they travelled far enough back to stop Puck getting Raazered (and who could? Nemesis?), for example, they couldn't retcon a bad retcon.

- Le Messor
    "Better to kill time than have it kill you."
    - karl

I hate re-written history. Rather than write something out of continuity completely, I'd rather have a rather make use of it, even if it's in fun. Like someone making a joke about Walt once being a woman.

they just need to start a ultimate alpha flight series.

Hang on, hang on, hang on... you're telling me Alpha Flight has had horrible plotlines and retcons

Quote Originally Posted by Phil
    Hang on, hang on, hang on... you're telling me Alpha Flight has had horrible plotlines and retcons
    Um Phil, where have you been for the last 162 issues (well, not quite, since 11 and 12 aren't released yet, but I like to be inclusive), and three annuals?? Alpha Flight is all about bad plotlines, stereotypes and creationary/destructionary (neither of which are words, I'm sure) retcons...

don't tell me, old man, that yer deluding yourself again! what did I say about that? <sheesh> kids these days...
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

You can't blame Phil. Reality is subjective to him at his age...

Quote Originally Posted by Ahab
    Which says something about me, since he's less than a year younger than me

I can see I'm gonna haveta dust off the sarcasm tags.... :P

Quote Originally Posted by Ahab
    Reality is an illusion bought about by lack of alcohol. Lunchtime doubly so.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Quote Originally Posted by DelBubs
    Reality is an illusion bought about by lack of alcohol.
    I have no problem there tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil
    Quote Originally Posted by DelBubs
    Reality is an illusion bought about by lack of alcohol.
    I have no problem there tonight.
    Ahh, like me you have experienced reality and have found it wanting. (Wanting to get pissed like the rest of us)
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Quote Originally Posted by varo
    they just need to start a ultimate alpha flight series.

oh god no.
    i can't stand the 'ultimate universe.'
    some of the titles are written well, but do we really need a comic company to wrap it's characters up in 3 or more different realities in order to make more books?
    Well, maybe in the case of the x-men...it's the only way you could explain how they seem to do so much and appear so often (particularly wolverine - one has to wonder if his healing factor precludes the need for sleep!)

But what do we have already?
    The 'regular' marvel universe, the 'ultimate' universe, the 'manga' universe...plus one other...
    Nothing is true, everything is permitted.
    — Hassan-i-Sabbah

LOL, Tk, I think Varo was commenting on the fact that our very own Ed Northcott is already working on an "Ultimate Alpha Flight" - due for release as soon as his schedule permits.

(PS: Ed - any idea when we'll be getting a sneak-preview of UAF? I know I'm dying of curiousity!)

Quote Originally Posted by HappyCanuck
    LOL, Tk, I think Varo was commenting on the fact that our very own Ed Northcott is already working on an "Ultimate Alpha Flight" - due for release as soon as his schedule permits.

(PS: Ed - any idea when we'll be getting a sneak-preview of UAF? I know I'm dying of curiousity!)
    Well I don't object at all to an Alpha Flight series starting up. I'm hoping that it's better than v3.

My negative comments towards the ultimate universe were for Marvel in general. I don't mind the concept so much but I just think Marvel has convoluted all their other titles by adding them to the ultimate universe...and since alpha flight v3 seems to be temporary, I'm not, like I said, going to complain.
    Nothing is true, everything is permitted.
    — Hassan-i-Sabbah