Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: AF #12 solicit + Cancellation notice

I apologize about that, Ahab...I was too expressive in that post. I merely mean that the 42,000 + buyers can't in any way be a majority of new buyers. My belief is that the bulk of those buyers are established AF fans.
    I'm sure some are Lobdell fans and new buyers, but I doubt very much, that they make up the majority of that number. the blind and ignorant comment was not aimed at anyone and was far too strong to have been used. I apologize to anyone, I may have offended.

Dana

I have to say, just looking at the polls over at Ben's www.alphaflight.net has convinced me even more, that the missing element in the vol 2 and 3 AF books was Alpha Flight itself. That and the jokebook mentality and slow/poor writing is what killed the book, IMO.

Dana

Hello!

I just noticed a surge of activity from some outside source to this topic. I first wanted to welcome all the vistors, and second was hoping some of you may be able to drop me an email, or post here to let me know how you got here. I'm guessing some news site picked up on the link, but am very curious what the source is. email me: ben@alphaflight.net

Thanks,

Ben

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

There's been a lot of talk about promotion, and lending AF to outside readers.
    I regularly lend Astonishing X-Men to three people (all Buffy fans) as soon as I get it. I lend stuff like Sandman, Marvels, Watchmen, Claremont / Byrne X-Men, 1602, Kingdom Come, and original AF to friends.
    You know, the stuff that makes comics look -good-.
    There's a thought among outsiders that comics are just throwaway silliness, one superhero battle after another, meaningless and stupid.
    Apart from the battles, AF v3 did nothing to dispel that. I enjoyed it, but would be embarrassed for the medium to lend it out.
    And, even if Marvel had promoted it, I doubt it would have kept readers much - it simply wasn't good enough. Too shallow, too silly.

All IM (not) HO, of course.

- Le Messor
    "Children seldom misquote you. In fact, they usually repeat word for word what you shouldn’t have said."

Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor
    You aren't giving your honest opinion Mik?! Then, you just lied about all or parts of what you just said....

Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

Images

Quote Originally Posted by HappyCanuck
    You aren't giving your honest opinion Mik?! Then, you just lied about all or parts of what you just said....
    Oh, it's honest. It's just not humble.

- Le Messor
    "Circumstances rule men; men do not rule circumstances."

Quote Originally Posted by HappyCanuck
    Oh, it's honest. It's just not humble.
    Mik don't do humble, he tried it once and didn't like it.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Images

Quote Originally Posted by DelBubs
    Mik don't do humble, he tried it once and didn't like it.
    Can I help it if I'm too good for humility?

- Le Messor
    "It's hard to soar like an eagle when you're surrounded by turkeys."
    - Office inspirational sign