Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: AF #12 solicit + Cancellation notice

Default AF #12 solicit + Cancellation notice

"DAYS OF FUTURE PRESENT, PAST PARTICIPLE" Conclusion!
    Alpha Flight continues to get their hands dirty playing in the timestream. Can they set things right before the end of their final issue? They darn well better! And you won't believe who shows up to say good-bye!

Cancelled or She-Hulk Runaways Thunderbolts Cap & Falcon reboot in March?

Marvel jerks.
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

Default Re: AF #12 solicit + Cancellation notice

Quote Originally Posted by Ben
    "DAYS OF FUTURE PRESENT, PAST PARTICIPLE" Conclusion!
    Alpha Flight continues to get their hands dirty playing in the timestream. Can they set things right before the end of their final issue? They darn well better! And you won't believe who shows up to say good-bye!
    I guess we all knew it was coming, but it's still a pain. This image is a pain to get working
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Words can't explain how pissed off I am over this...

Oh...and here's the cover for #12...
    Where are we going, and why are we in this hand-basket??

There seem to be some problems with the linked images, so I uploaded the cover to the album. Here it is:

I wonder how many times the original Byrne cover (vol. 1 #12) has been 'homaged'? I can think of three off the top of my head - this one, vol. 2 #12 & at the end of vol. 1, either 128 or 129.

Are there any others?

-Mike

Am I gonna try and get someone arguing with me that this isn't a homage this time? :P

Quote Originally Posted by mvranas
    I wonder how many times the original Byrne cover (vol. 1 #12) has been 'homaged'? I can think of three off the top of my head - this one, vol. 2 #12 & at the end of vol. 1, either 128 or 129.

Are there any others?

-Mike
    I gather Scott's going to kill one or more members of the team, from the looks of that cover.

Dana

Edited to cut cover image

Quote Originally Posted by Phil
    Am I gonna try and get someone arguing with me that this isn't a homage this time? :P
    No, that's a homage. And surprise-surprise, it's an Alpha Flight homage! Couldn't they have found an appropriate X-cover to model after?
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrkoenig67
    I gather Scott's going to kill one or more members of the team, from the looks of that cover.

Dana
    Well, he's already "killed" MML Jnr

Quote Originally Posted by Phil
    Quote Originally Posted by cmdrkoenig67

Dana
    Well, he's already "killed" MML Jnr
    ... Care to elaborate on that Phil
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

welp another "reboot" of alpha down the drain. guess i'll wait another 3 years or maybe never for another relaunch. hopefull someone will step in that respects the teams past and treats it with the respect the characters deserve, not to tell bad jokes and slap a mapleleaf on the cover.

i just don't get it. who does everyone want to see as avengers? cap/iron man/thor

who did everyone want to see in the jla? bat/superman/wonderwoman/flash/gl/mm.....etc.

why do these companies continually try to use cretaive ways to put bad characters in titles? i never felt a connection or interest in any of these characters, nor did any non-alpha fans or else it wouldn't be in the 100's in sales and being cancelled again.

ugggggggggghhhhhhhhh!!!!!!

the formula is so easy and there are so many good stories to tell in the alphaverse yet no one has!!!!

i pray that quesadas cryptic "everything is cyclatory" comment in canada was a shot at a reboot.

arrrrrgggggggghhhhhh!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DelBubs
    ... Care to elaborate on that Phil
    How he gets sent into the past in #9 mate.

Quote Originally Posted by varo
    i pray that quesadas cryptic "everything is cyclatory" comment in canada was a shot at a reboot.
    Let's just see how #12 ends up, yeah?

phil this is the second time you have put a after a refrence to the end of issue #12.

what do you know that we don't?

That it's cool to wear sunglasses indoors

I think Phil thinks it's funny to be coy at a time when his fellow Alpha fans feel lost and dejected.
    Remember, Phil, knowledge is power. With great power comes great responsibility. And you are being very irresponsible just standing there not throwing a life-ring to your fellow mates that are drowning in sorrow for the loss of an Alpha title once again.
    (How's that for a guilt trip?)