Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Northstar an X-Man again?

Default Northstar an X-Man again?

Did Wolvie invite Northstar to join up at the end of X-Men # 163? Here's the banter:

Northstar scoots up to Havok and announces, "The school's under attack! I've been crisscrossing the forest looking for--" Bobby interrupts, "Under attack?! Why aren't you there, helping?!" Jean-Paul responds, with his arms folded, "Why aren't you? At least I have an excuse. I am not officially on an 'X team.'" Logan approaches, "Well, you are now, Bud. We'll take anyone who's willing."

And not to spoil #164 but Jean-Paul certainly acts as a team member, not like an individual as he did starting out his appearance earlier in #163.

The issue synopsis from uncannyxmen.net reads, "Wolverine, Polaris and Nocturne converge with the five men and Logan tells Jean-Paul that he is back on the team, as they will take anyone who is willing."

Default Re: Northstar an X-Man again?

Quote Originally Posted by rplass
    Did Wolvie invite Northstar to join up at the end of X-Men # 163? Here's the banter:

Northstar scoots up to Havok and announces, "The school's under attack! I've been crisscrossing the forest looking for--" Bobby interrupts, "Under attack?! Why aren't you there, helping?!" Jean-Paul responds, with his arms folded, "Why aren't you? At least I have an excuse. I am not officially on an 'X team.'" Logan approaches, "Well, you are now, Bud. We'll take anyone who's willing."

And not to spoil #164 but Jean-Paul certainly acts as a team member, not like an individual as he did starting out his appearance earlier in #163.

The issue synopsis from uncannyxmen.net reads, "Wolverine, Polaris and Nocturne converge with the five men and Logan tells Jean-Paul that he is back on the team, as they will take anyone who is willing."
    I don't really think it was an invitation to join a team (although I'll admit it is implied), but more of a 'we need all the help we can get, and here you are' sort of jibe. However, this does lead into a possibility of JP rejoining the X-Men officially - which would get a bit complicated, since Xorn and Nocturne also have the potential to join. At this rate, Whedon's Astonishing is going to be the largest X-Team, while the adjectiveless X-Men is gonna border on 50 members (given the potential) by June, and Uncanny is gonna be in the middle losing members (go fig: claremont is suggesting a loss of Sage and a couple others, while Austen keeps adding on...)
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

I'm thinking that that synopsis is very misleading.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil
    I'm thinking that that synopsis is very misleading.
    Especially since, in the issue, JP is considering leaving the X-Men, which will prolly be expanded on what with his recent revelation that his sister is now somewhat found, also from the same issue.

The writers of the X-books just need to let Jean Paul go(and be free to the writer(s) of Alpha Flight)....nuff said!

Dana

I think they will but they'll tie in his search for Aurora and mess that up too. (lol) That seems to be the direction they're going anyway. NS mentioned that as his top priority above hanging around in a super group again.

Would be nice to see Northstars search for his sister as a sub plot to the Weapon X tie up next year.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Quote Originally Posted by DelBubs
    Would be nice to see Northstars search for his sister as a sub plot to the Weapon X tie up next year.
    I doubt they'll do it though, Del.....because it makes too much sense. :P

Dana

Edited to add: Having Northstar in the X-Men as some lame supporting character is a waste of a great character with great potential...nuff said.

Dana

I believe Northstar is a faculty member in New X-Men, so he'll probably continue living at the Institute, possibly. I would like to see him take part in the book though. And by the way, as for Logan inviting him to join the X-Men again...YEAHHH! How cool is Logan? He's da man. OH YEAHHH!

Quote Originally Posted by James Howlett
    I believe Northstar is a faculty member in New X-Men, so he'll probably continue living at the Institute, possibly. I would like to see him take part in the book though. And by the way, as for Logan inviting him to join the X-Men again...YEAHHH! How cool is Logan? He's da man. OH YEAHHH!
    Actually, James, in recent issues of X-Men, Northstar has stated he is considering leaving Xavier's. With current details as they are, this might change - what with Logan having informally inducting him back in - how ever it may be simply a temporary reassignment.

Default Re: Northstar an X-Man again?

" Logan approaches, "Well, you are now, Bud. We'll take anyone who's willing."

You gotta be happy to get an invite like that, eh?

"Well we're all out of warm bodies. If you don't accept we'll have to look for Nomi the Lobster Boy! So what do you say Northstar? You willing?"

Yeah, still sounds like a temporary reassignment, tho I'm not discounting anything.

I hope they DO use him, but I'm not going to hold my breath(neither should anybody else here).

Dana

Comics Continuum just put up a preview of X-Men: The End #6, which features some action from Jean-Paul.

Thanks, Defunct! Northstar's on the cover, to boot! Is that a new uniform he's wearing? It looks like a version of his old black/white starburst uniform? I can't tell from the art, but it's definitely not the NASCAR-style uniform he's been wearing since UXM#415 and is currently wearing in [New] X-men #164. I don't really follow that "X-Men The End" title, so if that book takes place in some alt-universe then please excuse my noobiness.

Love,

rplass