Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Marvel Handbook: Women of Marvel.....Alpha Flight heroines?

Who'd I get wrong?!
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

Quote Originally Posted by HappyCanuck
    Who'd I get wrong?!
    White Queen
    Titania
    Black Cat or Black Widows

Look at cmdrkoenig67's list. All 12 of his guesses were correct.

As for the three in the background that no one can identify because they're too small, here's a hint . . .

. . . they're grouped together for a reason.

Well, considering you said Dana got 9/15, and don't tell us WHICH 9 are correct...

Okay, I can see Domino and Dagger now (mistook them for Black Cat and White Queen respectively). The three, after I thought about it a little, realised are Satana Hellstrom (Hellcat's Sister-in-Law), Jennifer Kale and Topaz from the new book 'Witches' (by Bronwyn Carlton and Mike Deodato Jr), and the only other person I can think of for the one I thought was Titania might be Medusa of the Inhumans.

Well, considering you said Dana got 9/15, and don't tell us WHICH 9 are correct...
    Sorry if I was unclear on that. You were 9 for 15. Dana was 12 for 15.

Okay, I can see Domino and Dagger now (mistook them for Black Cat and White Queen respectively). The three, after I thought about it a little, realised are Satana Hellstrom (Hellcat's Sister-in-Law), Jennifer Kale and Topaz from the new book 'Witches' (by Bronwyn Carlton and Mike Deodato Jr), and the only other person I can think of for the one I thought was Titania might be Medusa of the Inhumans.
    And now you're 15 for 15. Good job!

So...here is my guess list(of the 40+ women featured in the Handbook)...

1 Arana
    2 Aurora
    3 Contessa Vanessa De La Fontaine
    4 Crystal
    5 Dagger
    6 Dazzler
    7 Domino
    8 Enchantress
    9 Firebird
    10 Hellcat
    11 Invisible Woman???(maybe in a forthcoming FF Handbook, instead?)
    12 Joystick
    13 Jennifer Kale
    14 Misty Knight
    15 Madame Masque
    16 Marrow
    17 Alicia Masters???(maybe in a forthcoming FF Handbook, instead?)
    18 Medusa
    19 Meggan
    20 Meltdown(Boom Boom...or whatever she's called now)
    21 Moondragon
    22 Mystique
    23 Nemesis???
    24 Photon
    25 Puck II???
    26 Rogue(Updated)
    27 Satana
    28 Scarlet Witch(Updated)
    29 Sersi
    30 Shanna the She-Devil
    31 Siryn
    32 Snowbird
    33 Songbird
    34 Spider-Woman!!!! YAY AGAIN!!!!!
    35 Spitfire
    36 Thena
    37 Titania
    38 Topaz
    39 Valkyrie
    40 Vindicator
    41 Colleen Wing
    42 X-23???(was she in the X Handbook?)

Unless the Witches(Jennifer, Satana and Topaz) and Daughters of the Dragon have entries together(which is possible) ...that's my list...I can't think of any more.

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrkoenig67
    So...here is my guess list(of the 40+ women featured in the Handbook)...

1 Arana
    2 Aurora
    3 Contessa Vanessa De La Fontaine
    4 Crystal
    5 Dagger
    6 Dazzler
    7 Domino
    8 Enchantress
    9 Firebird
    10 Hellcat
    11 Invisible Woman???(maybe in a forthcoming FF Handbook, instead?)
    12 Joystick
    13 Jennifer Kale
    14 Misty Knight
    15 Madame Masque
    16 Marrow
    17 Alicia Masters???(maybe in a forthcoming FF Handbook, instead?)
    18 Medusa
    19 Meggan
    20 Meltdown(Boom Boom...or whatever she's called now)
    21 Moondragon
    22 Mystique
    23 Nemesis???
    24 Photon
    25 Puck II???
    26 Rogue(Updated)
    27 Satana
    28 Scarlet Witch(Updated)
    29 Sersi
    30 Shanna the She-Devil
    31 Siryn
    32 Snowbird
    33 Songbird
    34 Spider-Woman!!!! YAY AGAIN!!!!!
    35 Spitfire
    36 Thena
    37 Titania
    38 Topaz
    39 Valkyrie
    40 Vindicator
    41 Colleen Wing
    42 X-23???(was she in the X Handbook?)
    Not bad! You guessed about 25 out of 46 correctly.

LOL, Skull, will you PLEASE stop with the cloak and dagger (no pun intended). if you know something, please tell us, like WHICH 21 Dana got wrong! It's rather quite irritating!

Quote Originally Posted by skullogeist

Not bad! You guessed about 25 out of 46 correctly.
    Awww poop....only 25?

Dana

Some of those characters I have not seen around much in a while. Meltdown where is she now? Moondragon and Meggan whatever happened to them?
    Richard Vasseur

LOL, Skull, will you PLEASE stop with the cloak and dagger (no pun intended). if you know something, please tell us, like WHICH 21 Dana got wrong! It's rather quite irritating!
    Sorry to be so irritating, Allan, but I'm an employee of Marvel privy to some inside information and I have to be very careful with what I reveal. The writers of the new Handbooks have made it a policy to not reveal who's going to be featured in each Handbook until it's released. So, by telling you who you got wrong, I'll indirectly be telling you who's featured in the Handbook (plus it makes the guessing game too easy).

C'mon, you can wait one more day, right?

But, to show you I'm not such a bad guy, I'll list the titles of the books that some of the as-of-yet-unguessed characters first appeared in:

INHUMANS (vol. 2)
    TALES OF SUSPENSE (vol. 1)
    STRANGE TALES (vol. 1)
    SPIDER-MAN AND HIS AMAZING FRIENDS
    DR. STRANGE (vol. 2)
    X-MEN (vol. 1)
    THUNDERBOLTS (vol. 1)
    RUNAWAYS (vol. 1)
    FANTASTIC FOUR ANNUAL
    CAPTAIN AMERICA (vol. 1)
    SUB-MARINER (vol. 1)
    CAPTAIN BRITAIN (vol. 1)
    AMAZING SPIDER-MAN (vol. 1)
    WHAT IF? (vol. 2)
    THOR (vol. 2)

Hmmm . . . some of those offer absolutely no help at all, while others practically give the character away!

Quote Originally Posted by Richv1
    Some of those characters I have not seen around much in a while. Meltdown where is she now? Moondragon and Meggan whatever happened to them?
    Well, I can tell you that if you pick up the WOMEN OF 2005 Handbook on Wednesday, January 26, you'll get the answer to 2/3 of your questions!

lol, sorry for coming down so hard on you, Skull, it was unintentional (yet to find a good emoticon to demonstrate that I'm less than what I appear)

Since this is an on-going battle (far too often, in fact; I blame the fact that written communication shows less infliction than verbal), any time I mean my words to be less harsh and more towards jovial, I shall use this ' ' (a nice random emoticon) to denote it. Should save a lot of trouble.

As for your reasonings for the cloak and dagger, I will agree they are justified, however, rubbing it in that you know more than we do isn't endearing. I can tell you are bursting wanting to tell us, but can't. I suggest being more coy. In a case like this, less is more.

lol, sorry for coming down so hard on you, Skull, it was unintentional (yet to find a good emoticon to demonstrate that I'm less than what I appear)

Since this is an on-going battle (far too often, in fact; I blame the fact that written communication shows less infliction than verbal), any time I mean my words to be less harsh and more towards jovial, I shall use this ' ' (a nice random emoticon) to denote it. Should save a lot of trouble.

As for your reasonings for the cloak and dagger, I will agree they are justified, however, rubbing it in that you know more than we do isn't endearing. I can tell you are bursting wanting to tell us, but can't. I suggest being more coy. In a case like this, less is more.
    No problemo, Allan. I wasn't offended at all.

And I apologize if the Handbook guessing games make it seem like I'm trying to rub it in that I know more than you do. That's not my intentional at all. I just view it as a fun way to generate interest in the product and remind ALPHA FLIGHT fans that a Handbook featuring ALPHA FLIGHT characters comes out this week. Gotta keep them sales figures up!

And just to rub things in a little more, there will be more Handbooks in the coming months that feature additional ALPHA FLIGHT characters . . . but I can't talk about those just yet!

Quote Originally Posted by skullogeist
    No problemo, Allan. I wasn't offended at all.

And I apologize if the Handbook guessing games make it seem like I'm trying to rub it in that I know more than you do. That's not my intentional at all. I just view it as a fun way to promote interest in the product and remind ALPHA FLIGHT fans that a Handbook featuring ALPHA FLIGHT characters comes out this week. Gotta keep them sales figures up!

And just to rub things in a little more, there will be more Handbooks in the coming months that feature additional ALPHA FLIGHT characters . . . but I can't talk about those just yet!
    WHA-HOOOOOOOOO!

Now if only another (and better, with the original Alphans...like it should be done) AF series was coming out soon.

Dana

Damn, I hate it when I know stuff but promised I'd keep a lid on it

Ben