Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Marvel Handbook: Women of Marvel.....Alpha Flight heroines?

Maybe in the coming year, they'll release one?

Dana

All the women you listed are mutants. What about all the rest? A lot of Marvel women are non mutants.
    Richard Vasseur

THE OFFICIAL HANDBOOK OF THE MARVEL UNIVERSE: WOMEN OF MARVEL 2005 #1 (due in stores next Wednesday, 1-26-05), will feature four (4) profiles on characters that will be of special interest to ALPHA FLIGHT fans young and old.

We all know Vindicator is in there, but who else will make the cut? Puck? Murmur? Talisman? Stitch? Gilded Lily? You'll just have to drop the $3.99 to find out!!

What about Nemesis, Goblin, Laura Dean, Ghost Girl?
    Richard Vasseur

I doubt very, very much that Ghost Girl, Laura or Goblin will be in the handbook(they're all mutants too, btw)....Ghost Girl's appearances were minimal, while Laura and Goblyn haven't been seen in ages.

Women, who I know (and think) will be in the Handbook....

Vindicator(she's a definite, as confirmed by the solicit)

These two long time AF members are very strong possibilities...

Aurora
    Snowbird

Big maybes...

Diamond Lil(an older AF character, recently seen in the Weapon X series)
    Nemesis(she's an older character, so she has much more reason to be in the book than Puck II does...speaking of which...)
    Puck II(I doubt it...but you never know)
    Talisman(older character, but hasn't been seen for many years)

I really think Snowbird and Aurora are two of the FOUR AF-related ladies in the Handbook....the fourth person?....I'm not so sure, who that could be. Then again....Snowbird may be passed on to include Nemesis or Puck
    II.

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

Quote Originally Posted by Richv1
    All the women you listed are mutants. What about all the rest? A lot of Marvel women are non mutants.
    Rich, who's list are you talking about?

Dana

I just noticied most of the women being mentioned for the Handbook were mutants: Storm, Aurora, Puck II, Sage, Jean Grey.
    Now we have more named.
    Richard Vasseur

Ah.

Dana

Is Puck 2 a mutant? We've learned so little about her in 11 issues, I was never sure.
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.

Quote Originally Posted by kozzi24
    Is Puck 2 a mutant? We've learned so little about her in 11 issues, I was never sure.
    Well, logically speaking (I know, logic's a foreign concept when you are dealing with comics, but bear with me anyway), it'd be safe to assume that, yes, Zuzha's a mutant - or at least an augmented human....

(here's where I renew my claim as 'science-geek-in-the-making' )

Based on her age, Zuzha was concieved during Puck's 'wild' days, before he joined the Flight. Since, at the time, he was still bound to Razaar (I know, I know, we'd all like to forget this little Mantlo'ism, but it's already canon, so we can't change it - but we can create around it!), Puck's physiology was therefore altered by well over sixty years of accumulated radiation (anyone with a medical/scientific major can verify this - and considering Puck saw the Atomic Age since it's infancy, that adds to it dramatically; really amazing what extended life will do to you). That being said, assuming the mystical forces of housing Razaar for so many decades hadn't already mutated his physiology beyond the slight shrinkage, then the chances of the accumulated radiation mutating his progenital DNA increased exponentially. It's been proven several times before that increased radiation tends to lead to mutant children - Franklin Richards (Parents exposed to and mutated by cosmic rays), Shiro Yoshida (mother barely survived Hiroshima), May Parker (a certain irradiated spider that mutated her father). Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if young Baby Hudson (we REALLY got to give the kid a name!) turned out to be a mutant, what with BOTH parents being subjected to god-knows-what from the various suits they've worn.

In otherwords, based on logic, then yes, Zuzha is a mutant.
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

Default Online Cover

By the way, an online cover image of the WOMEN OF MARVEL 2005 Handbook can be found at Forbidden Planet.

Can anyone name all 15 women featured on the cover?

Well considering the pic is so damned small (and I can't find a larger one online), I'll have to do with what I have. In no particular order:

(Yes this is the best and ONLY pic of the cover there is that I can find)

Spider-Woman (Jessica Drew)
    Scarlet Witch
    Rogue
    Arana (the new spider-person from Amazing Fantasy)
    Amara the Enchantress
    Shanna the She-Devil (I THINK)
    Hellcat (Patsy Walker-Hellstrom)
    Dazzler (in her ancient 'Disco Queen' costume)
    White Queen
    Mystique
    Titania (behind the Scarlet Witch, in the purple)

Four people I can't make out:

the Black-garbed person in front of Mystique, WQ and Dazzler - I'm half-tempted to say it's Felica Hardy's Black Cat personae or one of the Black Widows, but it just doesn't look like them.

The Three women behind Titiania. I can't make them out at all.
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

It's very hard to see, But....

Spider-Woman!!!! YAY!!!!!
    Dazzler(in her original disco outfit???)
    Mystique
    Shanna the She-Devil
    Medusa
    Scarlet Witch
    Enchantress
    Rogue(must be an updated profile)
    Hellcat
    Domino
    Dagger
    Arana

The others I can't see

I can't really make out those other three either. Maybe the kneeling is X-23 with her recent popularity it could be.
    Richard Vasseur

Quote Originally Posted by HappyCanuck
    Spider-Woman (Jessica Drew)
    Scarlet Witch
    Rogue
    Arana (the new spider-person from Amazing Fantasy)
    Amara the Enchantress
    Shanna the She-Devil (I THINK)
    Hellcat (Patsy Walker-Hellstrom)
    Dazzler (in her ancient 'Disco Queen' costume)
    White Queen
    Mystique
    Titania (behind the Scarlet Witch, in the purple)

Four people I can't make out:

the Black-garbed person in front of Mystique, WQ and Dazzler - I'm half-tempted to say it's Felica Hardy's Black Cat personae or one of the Black Widows, but it just doesn't look like them.

The Three women behind Titiania. I can't make them out at all.
    9 out of 15 correct.

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrkoenig67
    It's very hard to see, But....

Spider-Woman!!!! YAY!!!!!
    Dazzler(in her original disco outfit???)
    Mystique
    Shanna the She-Devil
    Medusa
    Scarlet Witch
    Enchantress
    Rogue(must be an updated profile)
    Hellcat
    Domino
    Dagger
    Arana

The others I can't see
    12 out of 15 correct.