Thread: Some title names

Default Some title names

I dont know if Im in the correct board for this but I am the writer who is taking over for Tawmis /tyragon(alphawaves) on altmarvel.com for writing Alpha Flight. We ran across some technical difficulties so I had to restart another title of Alpha sort of like the ANADAF. Any nifty suggestions.

Default Re: Some title names

Quote Originally Posted by mos_def
    I dont know if Im in the correct board for this but I am the writer who is taking over for Tawmis /tyragon(alphawaves) on altmarvel.com for writing Alpha Flight. We ran across some technical difficulties so I had to restart another title of Alpha sort of like the ANADAF. Any nifty suggestions.
    Hey Mos_def,

By dificulties do you mean you cannot use the original characters?

One thing I always wanted to see was a Canadian superhero group that were comprised of drifters, just down to earth type characters going from one end of the country to another, visiting real towns, going on quests, adding and dropping members as they go, etc etc. This is such a vast country and in my opinion is never represented as such. If Alpha is in Vancouver and someone attacks Montreal, they are there by the next panel. Well it's not that easy if you aren't governement funded or have a guy that can turn into a spaceship. Try hitching a ride, yeah it ain't that easy. You have to do odd jobs as you go just to feed yourself! (See "Going the Distance lol)

Another thing about Alpha is there are so many young, interesting, unused characters, especially from V2. Many of them could easily be used now that they are, I suspect, on their own. Plus they have been so underused, there is so much more room to expand their characters. Don't have to resort to mystical Arabic sword carrying possesive demons or main character sex changes as plot devices lol.

Anyway, just a thought. Have a good one!

D.

Edit: On re-reading the title of your thread, I have just realized you were only talking about a new title. Oops! Sorry! Hmm, well can't think of any at the moment I'll let ya know lol

actually Canucklehead, I think I can cover most of Canada with what I have in mind for our favorite Alphans. Your idea is good though about the wandering team-really good.