Thread: Why Henry's better

Default Why Henry's better

Dave Ross drew OK but here's my opinion on why Clayton Henry is better on our ANADAF:

#1: Consistency. Characters don't change much. THey look like who they are.

#2: faces. He draws faces and emotions, what happens in the story shops up on their faces.

Otherwise...

Sasquatch looks strong and individualized, not a big orange Wookie.

Puck looks human. So do the rest.

Ross drew Centenniel as good, but 1 out of 6 isn't good.

Colour designs are appropriate. It's a comic book, that's what it looks like.

Puck and Major Mapleleaf are drawn doing what they do and so on much better than most other characters.

That's good enough for now.

Hmmm, can Puck control her mass or momentum, or is her power otherwise centred? Sure wish we knew what she can do by now, hope that #10 delivers that besides a great story. That cover to #10 is so awesome. Go get your #9's fast before they're gone!
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

Colour designs are appropriate. It's a comic book, that's what it looks like.
    I really hate the pastel pallets they use so much these days. It's OK for a darker mood book like Dardevil since Miller, but it's been a dostraction for me a lot lately, especially on X-Men and Avengers.
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.

Um. . . Can't a *blind monkey* tell that Henry is better than Ross?

I quite literally *cringed* through the entirety of #7 and #8. The saddest part was how the only characters drawn really well there were the fricking wax statues.

HENRY is one of the best artists I've ever seen on any comic, let alone ANADAF.

EDIT: Damn my messed up mind. CLAYTON HENRY is one of the best, not Ross. *sigh* I should try to speak when I'm that tired.

Clayton's drawn the characters more, and for the most part created them and their looks - he's naturally going to have the advantage.

Neither Clayton nor Ross have anything to do with the colouring and colour palette.

But I do agree, Clayton's artwork is amazing.
    I can see him being part of Marvel's next wave of Young Guns.

Hmmm, I'm wondering two things right how: how often does Clayton read this forum, and if his head's swelling yet
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

The start of the thread had me wondering how often Dave Ross reads the forum
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.