Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: alpha #9

Quote Originally Posted by maniac mike
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbloo
    she can talk with any dead person or just people she has killed??? Come to hink of it, that would be a creepy power.I never knew that Nem had the ability to talk to dead people!
    Just check out Alpha Flight vol. 1 #31, Nemesis watches over some "dead" AFer's while Puck goes after Deadly Earnest with her sword.

MM
    I remember that issue. It implies that the souls of the people killed by the sword are somehow imprisoned or absorbed by the sword (an old piece of info that has been added to nicely by Lobdell), and that Nem can return them to life (which bodes well for Major Maple Leaf and Flashback and whoever else gets killed by Nem in the next few issues).

I just dont remember any reference to her being able to communicate with the aforementioned souls trapped in the sword. Is "trapped" the right word? "used"? "absorbed"? "rechanneled"?

This question of Nemisis reminds me of something. Didn't she, at one time, have the ability to transport herself and others with her sword? I'll have to look at back issues but this is something I remember reading somewhere and so always assumed. Anyway, if true, doesn't that basically negate the purpose of the "transporter" in their newbase?

Or maybe I'm just remembering the word "transport" meaning, it helps her fly to as transportation. hmm...

D.

The hilt of her sword once was used to transport her and Wild Child, I don't know what issue.
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

Perhaps you could look at it like her transporting people has certain conditions attached, as does the time travel. So it would be something not to be used lightly. What Scott is trying to do is tie two characters into one. I personally don't have a problem with this, which is why I did the Alphanex entry as if there was only one version of Nemesis. However when Jamed D. Hudnall wrote "Nemesis II" his intention was to haver her completely unrelated to the Byrne Nemesis. She was intended to be some sort of cyborg. He was canned before any of that could be written.

Ben

Good points Ben.

More reasons to support AF with this team:

- I have tons of stress in my life (try teaching 10 classes a day from grades 7-12 with splits in 3 periods and having kids on alternate programs and another 2 needing enrichment in the same room plus three small boys at home of which one is, well, having problems that I can't cure, yet [and I mean cure, not solve]). I need some simple catharsis that requires no stress, Alpha Flight is IT!! Like the Stampeders gave me reasons to relax this year, the last BC game notwithstanding.

- my boy with the problems reads ANAD Alpha Flight! He likes Major Mapleleaf the best.

- my wife hates comics, never looks sideways at them. She reads ANADAF! I didn't know why but she told me the other day it was simply because of three things: Thunder, Nemesis, and Major Mapleleaf, she gets a kick out of all three.

- my middle boy is too young to read so he gets me to read ANADAF... as a bedtime story! Think he'd like me to read him Excalibur, or the Hulk?

I'm truly looking forward to #10 more than I have any book in years, even Discover magazine or the 'Hell Hole' sci fi series or the sci fi books with Well World....

- I need a Zuzha smiley, and a pirate one too, I always like pirate smiley's...
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

Really good reasons, Moloke.

As per your squids and wife enjoying ANADAF, you should get ahold of Jo (LadyMako); I know she'd love to hear any anecdotes for her weekly column (if you haven't read them, it's about AF fhru the eyes of new readers).
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

Quote Originally Posted by Mokole
    Good points Ben.

More reasons to support AF with this team:

- I have tons of stress in my life I need some simple catharsis that requires no stress, Alpha Flight is IT!! Like the Stampeders gave me reasons to relax this year, the last BC game notwithstanding.

Cripes. As my nickname might indicate, I feel your pain.