Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: alpha #9

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrkoenig67
    I noticed Sunpyre in the ranks of Big hero Six.....but isn't she dead? She was murdered by the Brotherhood in one of the X-Men books, during Banshee's X-Corps storyline. Another unexplained resurrection of comics? She's a bad character concept anyway....she should have stayed dead.

Didn't Sunspyre die in the same issue as Radius, the former AF member?

D.

Yeah, Sunpyre died. Honestly, I can't fault Scott for not knowing this because as a writer at Marvel, I think it would be pretty hard to keep track of all of the X-characters. On the other hand, isn't that part of the editor's job?
    On a different note - as far as the whole "Does MapleLeaf truly have powers" question, I thought it was interesting that he went into the past but Thunder didn't. If he doesn't have any powers without the horse (as some have speculated), why would he go alone then?

Quote Originally Posted by Ahab
    Yeah, Sunpyre died. Honestly, I can't fault Scott for not knowing this because as a writer at Marvel, I think it would be pretty hard to keep track of all of the X-characters. On the other hand, isn't that part of the editor's job?
    On a different note - as far as the whole "Does MapleLeaf truly have powers" question, I thought it was interesting that he went into the past but Thunder didn't. If he doesn't have any powers without the horse (as some have speculated), why would he go alone then?
    I would agree that the editorial staff would be more to blame than Scott for this kind of thing. They made a number of slips in this issue.

As for MML going alone, I think he really wants to prove himself, powers or no. He probably has a bit of a complex about his father, and wants to make good on the name of Major Mapleleaf.

Ben

This issue was great, and it was nice to see Flashback again and the cover was amazing.
    So Says Scarlettspiderg! And yes that is my letter (GP) in ANAD AF 12.

Yeah, I forgot to say that in my mind, this was the best issue of ANADAF to date! It's funny though - this storyline is an Alpha geek's dream, but it really draws on old continuity A LOT. I'm surprised that Scott is getting away with it - of course, if the series is cancelled, I guess it doesn't matter if it alienates readers at this point. Has anyone else heard that nasty rumor? Apparently, some guy on another Alpha board got ahold of a list of Marvel cancelled titles and Alpha was on it. I won't believe it until I hear it from the big guy himself.

I'd heard the rumour and I'm hoping that its not true.

As for Issue 9 calling on history alot - thats a good thing. I've been reading alot of the old issues because of the current AF and I'm liking them. It used to be cool when a comic would refer to another issue or title but then Marvel stopped doing it, imo it adds to read and makes you want to explore the MU more.
    So Says Scarlettspiderg! And yes that is my letter (GP) in ANAD AF 12.

The references could also help market trades of older issues. If the Master were to return, they could do a trade of his prior battles with Alpha & Heroes for Hire.
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.

I believe MML has powers but they're minimal and not easy to access. And as to Puck "Irresistable Force" - now that could be Scott's way of telling us what her main super power is after all! I truly enjoy this title and five of the characters really impress me.

I truly think the cover to #10 is my favorite AF cover of all time. I like it so much I printed it out in colour at work and posted it here.

And if AF does get discontinued I think it'll follow the hiatus route until May like Runaways and She-Hulk. I sincerely hope AF goes way beyond #12 because, for once, I'm truly liking the core team members. Heck, if I wrote AF next I'd only drop Yukon Jack in time and replace him with a Legacy, preferably Ghost Girl or Flinch but I'd even be open to Scell bringing Cleric into the fold

I'm predicting sales of over 27000 for #9 and over 30000 for #10-12 each.

AND I hope fanboys and fangirls drop Excalibur below 10000 REAL SOON.

Please Marvelites, drop Exaclibur and read ANADAF!!

Anybody want to repost the best snail address for Marvel? I know off officex@marvel.com for email.
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokole
    Please Marvelites, drop Exaclibur and read ANADAF!!
    Um, Mokole, you DO know it's kinda pointless in telling the Alpha Flight forum to drop Excalibur and pick up ANADAF, right?? 90% of us are ALREADY collecting the title, and the other 10 want to...
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.

Excalibur is such a crap title, i can't believe AF might be canned and that one stays alive. Its quite horrid, not to mention superfluous seeming. I like baldy too but not enough to read a book about him having tea with mags and some brats running around. Back on topic... ahem....

I really like the inclusion of the past in this issue. I am way psyched to get my hands on it. It would be cool if the played with some of the other old plots too. Though not to excess obviously.

"I crave the loudest sound!"-Throwing Muses

THe plot of this arc is great. It helps that we now know the characters a bit and know that they want to succeed now, not go home. It gives drive to a plot, which hurts many X-men stories, that the character dynamics make sense with WHO the characters are.

Just great.
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

This has got to be my favorite issue of ANADAF so far, but the next few issues look like they're going to just get better.

I never knew that Nem had the ability to talk to dead people. I wonder if she can talk with any dead person or just people she has killed??? Come to hink of it, that would be a creepy power.

I couldn't help laughing about the whole magic sword time travel thingy.

The character interactiosn are great! I hope Mr Lobdell keeps this up!

Clayton being back alone made this issue worth buying for me, although admittedly, I was confused at the very beginning. When I saw the team fighting Big Hero 6 (which I personally thought was cool, I liked BH6), I thought that perhaps I'd missed an issue!

BTW, if BH6 was being mind-controlled into attacking the new Alpha Flight, perhaps the team already has an enemy out there that we don't know about. I personally am excited by the prospect.

I'm not so sure about the rest of this time-traveling plot, but I await its execution and outcome with much anticipation. I can't get enough of this team!

Quote Originally Posted by bigbloo
    This has got to be my favorite issue of ANADAF so far, but the next few issues look like they're going to just get better.

she can talk with any dead person or just people she has killed??? Come to hink of it, that would be a creepy power.I never knew that Nem had the ability to talk to dead people. I wonder if

I couldn't help laughing about the whole magic sword time travel thingy.

The character interactiosn are great! I hope Mr Lobdell keeps this up!
    Just check out Alpha Flight vol. 1 #31, Nemesis watches over some "dead" AFer's while Puck goes after Deadly Earnest with her sword.

MM