Thread: Northstar Gets An Airing

Default Northstar Gets An Airing

In X-Men #163
    I don't buy the comic so know next to nothing about it. It is written by Austen...
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Default SPOILERS

Northstar is shown telling the nurse who is trying to leave that he has thought about leaving himself. Then when he finds out that the X-men have been attacked, he helps out. He takes on Sabretooth and does pretty well. In the process, he finds out that Sabretooth has seen Aurora and tries to beat more info out of him until Sabes is unconcious. Looks like he'll be in the next issue too.

Default Re: SPOILERS

Quote Originally Posted by Ahab
    Northstar is shown telling the nurse who is trying to leave that he has thought about leaving himself. Then when he finds out that the X-men have been attacked, he helps out. He takes on Sabretooth and does pretty well. In the process, he finds out that Sabretooth has seen Aurora and tries to beat more info out of him until Sabes is unconcious. Looks like he'll be in the next issue too.
    Kinda makes you wonder when JP will learn that pummelling information out of someone at high speed generally guarentees unconsciousness, and not answers....
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

I thought Jean-Paul came out looking quite good in this issue of Xmen. The art wasn't terrible, and he took out Sabes in a really slambang way (not the usual hundred blows landing at once schtick).

Also im gratified to learn that he really has no idea whats been happening to his sister and now has a chance to find out where Aurora is and *hopefully* rescue her.

I actually went and picked this up when I got comics on Saturday. I enjoyed the fact that he took down Sabes, but found his comment about not feeling that he belongs with the X and maybe having to leave etc, quite telling.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Austen's way to set him up for non-X-men appearances without need for explanation as to why he's not with the X-Men
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.

So do we think that Northstar will decide to quite the Xavier Institute and fly off off to find his sister and into comic limbo once more?

Shame.

Well as somone mentioned earlier, he is likely to appear in the next issue, which I think is the final part of the arc, but as for after, maybe he will take his leave, just in time for Tieri's Weapon X ltd. Well I can dream.
    Del

The New X-Men:Academy X writers have confirmed they'll be using him at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil
    The New X-Men:Academy X writers have confirmed they'll be using him at some point.
    Not being au fait with the X as such, that title suggests a teaching role for JP. Last time he had the definition Teacher, he disappeared off the radar for a while
    Del

I thought over at x-fan the writers just said they were going to try and keep him out of limbo, not that he was exactly going to be much of a player.
    have they said more since then? that was awhile ago, sometime right after reload.