Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: #11 Solicit (+ Other appearances)

Default #11 Solicit (+ Other appearances)

ALPHA FLIGHT #11
    Written by SCOTT LOBDELL
    Pencils & Cover by
    CLAYTON HENRY
    "DAYS OF FUTURE PRESENT, PAST PARTICIPLE"
    The time-spanning epic continues! Find out what would have happened if the original Alpha Flight had become American heroes! We’ll give you a hint; it rhymes with duclear folocaust!
    Part 3 (of 4)
    32 PGS./MARVEL PSR …$2.99
    UPC: 5960605518-01111

Plus...

OFFICIAL HANDBOOK OF THE MARVEL UNIVERSE:
    THE WOMEN OF MARVEL 2005
    Written by JEFF CHRISTIANSEN, RONALD BYRD, JONATHAN COUPER-
    SMARTT, ANTHONY FLAMINI, MICHAEL HOSKIN, BILL LENTZ, SEAN
    MCQUAID, ERIC J. MOREELS, MARK O'ENGLISH & STUART VANDAL
    Cover by GREG LAND
    Marvel’s leading ladies take center stage! This Official Handbook includes in-depth bios
    on more than 40 of the House’s most powerful women warriors — from Araña to
    Vindicator! Plus: an all-new cover by superstar artist Greg Land!
    48 PGS./MARVEL PSR …$3.99
    UPC: 5960605678-00111

PLUS

EXILES #58
    Written by TONY BEDARD
    Pencils & Cover by MIZUKI SAKAKIBARA
    Sasquatch’s body has been possessed by the evil Tanaraq, whose only goal is to return to
    his own reality and claim that world for his own. Can Blink and her teammates find a
    way to rescue Sasquatch from the Beast who took her place, or is it already too late?
    Stand-alone issue!
    32 PGS./MARVEL PSR …$2.99
    UPC: 5960605108-05811

And...

MARVEL MASTERWORKS: THE UNCANNY X-MEN VOL. 5
    Written by CHRIS CLAREMONT
    Pencils by JOHN BYRNE, JOHN ROMITA JR. & JOHN BUSCEMA
    Cover by JOHN BYRNE
    In celebration of the 25th anniversary and presented here for the first time in full-archival
    color, including pages straight from the Byrne/Austin originals, the Dark Phoenix Saga!
    Gathered together by Professor Charles Xavier to protect a world that fears and hates
    them, the X-Men had fought many battles, been on adventures that spanned galaxies,
    grappled enemies of limitless might, but none of this could prepare them for the most
    shocking struggle they would ever face. One of their own members, Jean Grey, has
    gained power beyond all comprehension, and that power has corrupted her absolutely!
    Now they must decide if the life of the woman they cherish is worth the existence of the
    entire universe!
    Collecting X-Men #132-140, Annual #4 with special bonus features including the
    original X-Men #137 story where Jean Grey lived “Phoenix: The Untold Story” and the
    Claremont/Buscema Phoenix classic from Bizarre Adventures #27! And if that wasn’t
    enough, brace yourself for a brouhaha with Wendigo and the seminal story of that furry
    blue elf Nightcrawler in "Nightcrawler’s Inferno."
    304 PGS./ALL AGES…$49.99
    UPC: 5960611698-00111
    ISBN: 0-7851-1698-2
    MARVEL MASTERWORKS:
    THE UNCANNY X-MEN VOL. 5 – VARIANT EDITION
    304 PGS./All Ages …54.99
    UPC: 5960611699-00111
    ISBN: 0-7851-1699-0

and

INFINITY GAUNTLET TPB
    Written by JIM STARLIN
    Pencils by GEORGE PÉREZ & RON LIM
    Cover by GEORGE PÉREZ
    For the dark Titan, Thanos, the Infinity Gauntlet was the Holy Grail, the ultimate prize to
    be coveted above all else. With it came omnipotence: the absolute control of all aspects
    of time, space, power, reality, the mind and the soul. The gaining of supreme might
    meant the beginning of a black nightmare for the entire universe. Now, on the edge of
    Armageddon and led by the mysterious Adam Warlock, Earth’s super heroes join in a
    desperate attempt to thwart this nihilistic god’s insane plunge into galactic self-
    destruction. Should the heroes fail, the astral gods of the universe wait to step into the
    fray. But in such an awesome cosmic conflict will anyone prevail? Will anyone survive?
    256 PGS./MARVEL PSR …$24.95
    UPC: 5960610892
    ISBN: 0-7851-0892-0

American heroes? Now how would that work out, Hudson not moving to Canada with his cyberhelmet and forming Alpha Flight in the U.S. instead? That would mean no Puck or Shaman or Sasquatch really. Could prove very interesting!

And me without Alpha Flight #8 yet
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

I'm gonna go for all of that except the Masterworks Edition. No way I can justify spending that kinda of money to grab a story I already have. The Infinity Gauntlet appearences are one of the stories I have missing, so I can just about convince Bubs it's worth the money.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokole
    American heroes? Now how would that work out, Hudson not moving to Canada with his cyberhelmet and forming Alpha Flight in the U.S. instead? That would mean no Puck or Shaman or Sasquatch really. Could prove very interesting!

Or it could mean that AF stayed in America after the initial fight with Omega Flight (#11-12), or not as the case may be.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

#11 looks to be an interesting read, but that Exiles book looks like the winner of the month.

Tanaraq!

Quote Originally Posted by Mokole
    Number 8? I still can't even find number 5 yet! lol

Aw man, what a fantastic avatar, Canuckle!

Hey, thanks man. It was actually inspired by your Vindicator avatar. It's been in my head for a week or so, just now got the time to do it up. Hmm, on second glance, if someone didn't know which pose it was from, his left foot could be mistaken for something else dangling. lol

D.

Oh crud, not AF solicit image again There is an exiles one though, but it's a rather non-descript cover. The AF issue sounds awsome, as does the Exiles issue. If I had the money for the X-Men collection book, I'd consider it, but it's way out of my price range. I have all the Infinity Gauntlet books, but this would be nice to have in one book.

Ben

"OFFICIAL HANDBOOK OF THE MARVEL UNIVERSE:
    THE WOMEN OF MARVEL 2005 "

Yay!!!!! Vindicator!!!!....and it would be nice if they at least included Snowbird and Aurora. Yipeee!!!

Dana

From the glimpse of the cover I saw in Previews, it looks like AF (new team) may face of against AF old team (what a surprise),
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Totally scannable, but my scanner is hooked up to the other PC, which doesn't have an Internet connection and no floppy drive to transfer the image over. However I would expect either Ben or Phil to come up with a pic in the not too far distant future.
    Del

Quote Originally Posted by DelBubs
    From the glimpse of the cover I saw in Previews, it looks like AF (new team) may face of against AF old team (what a surprise),
    Again?....already? Oh wait...this will be the first time

Dana

I'm trying to remember the homage, but can't quite place it at the moment...

kool.

i know there was alot of avengers and jla covers to the same effect but can't put my finger on a old x-men one.