Thread: My thoughts: What AF could use

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Default My thoughts: What AF could use

I've got a simple idea that'd prob'ly clear up a lot of the problems some of us readers have. Y'know what I'd like to see? A character who asks the same questions I ask, or that we're supposed to. Stuff like, why does YJ talk like that? What are ZY's powers?
    The first looks like a mistake if left unacknowledged.

The second? I don't care, I don't see why I should. I only noticed because others have drawn attention to it. The question has no intrigue for me.
    But, if there was somebody in the comic to ask about it - to make a big deal about it - then I might get drawn in.

It wouldn't even have to be a new character. An existing one, or multiple; Have Puck ask her what her powers are when they met, or make MM make a big deal about them when he's seen them and we haven't. As they are, they're just a passing reference.

- Le Messor
    "Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder."

I'd rather have all their powers shown in use. A storyline like this:

AF finds out Dreamqueen has found a way into our reality (an error by Dr. Strange or Talisman, though fleeting, as given her a 'scent' to follow). They alert everybody (SHIELD, Avengers, Super Soldiers, etc.) and ask for aid, knowing she'll look to enter into Canada again. Nobody sends help right away but SHIELD tells Sasquatch that they are organizing a response team and will need time to assemble it all. Fury tells Sasquatch, nonchalantly, to "hold the fort".

Right away Nemesis senses that Dreamqueen has portals opening everywhere but only one reaches completely back to her reality. AF tells everyone (SHIELD et al) and goes to the spot to enter the wormhole and meet Dreamwqueen's forces before they can reach Earth. Nobody shows up so in they go, knowing sooner, rather than later, her forces will come down the pipe.

Boy, are they right. AF is in a pitched battle in the hole that requires all of them to give everything they've got from moment one. Sasquatch smashes everything he can reach, Nemesis slashes every demon to bits as she flies in a seemingly random pattern, Centennial flies as fast as he can to and fro, swinging at anything not AF and using his heat vision constantly, Major Mapleleaf pounds away and uses his super powers too, Yukon Jack does basically the same with his knife and powers, and Puck goes all out with her acrobatics and explosive powers (and whatever else) to hold the center of the group.

As the battle unfolds Nemesis winds up fighting a rearguard action, Centennial at the front, Major Mapleleaf and Sasquatch are up front supporting the flying Centennial, Puck taking out as many as she can while watching Sasquatch's and Major Mapleleaf's backs, and Yukon Jack being Nemesis' ground attacker.

Over time injuries crop up but AF keeps on swinging. Dreamqueen finally finds which hole her army is fighting in and enters, knowing her army will at least have pushed back anyone at the hole's opening on Earth, expecting to exit on Earth and immediately go to work.

Instead, as soon as she reaches what's left of her forces, Puck and Major Mapleleaf blast her, Centennial charges and clobbers her, and Nemesis fires her sword at her (cutting off an arm). Centennial picks up the sword before Dreamqueen can respond and slashes her midriff deeply. Seriously surprised and wounded, Dreamqueen falls back into her dimension grabbing her loose arm and seriously cursing AF.

Her exit causes the wormholes to collapse (as if she would keep them open and leave herself vulnerable) so AF has to boogie to avoid death. They crash out in time. As Sasquatch does a roll call SHIELD vehicles come careening in from the horizon. They find AF pretty beat up but all still alive and moving. Major Mapleaf carries Nemesis, Centennial leans on Sasquatch, Yukon Jack and Puck clutch their wounds and stand beside their teammates. Agent Somebody (not Fury or Carstairs) says AF did a 'great job'. Puck says, "We did better than that, eh." "Agreed," says Sasquatch.

"We held."
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokole
    I'd rather have all their powers shown in use. A storyline like this...

<Cut to conserve space>

"We held."
    That's REALLY thought out, and an interesting plot to boot... some of it is adding more than we've seen, but otherwise good. Hmm, maybe Scott'll see it and use at least parts of it.

I know I'd like to see it in actual use!
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine