Thread: Kid's comments in columns...namely mine.

Default Kid's comments in columns...namely mine.

Barnacle13 brought up an interesting point in his review for my first column. He said his two read Alpha Flight as a way to help with their reading skills...something I wholeheartedly endorse btw!. I wrote him a PM back saying that my nephews do too and they're usually quite opinionated about what they read...more so then me sometimes. But it got me thinking...

If anyone here has kids from say 12 and down and they read Alpha Flight, would you their parent, mind me adding a blurb to the top of my column each edition? It would look something like this. (I'm using my nephew's thoughts on Zuzha as an example...I swear he said this too...as well as the other one's thoughts on the series as a whole)

Derek, 6 : She's Hot!

Dylan, 10 : This is cool, they're all from the same country. None of the other ones you send over are all from the same place!

They both get my old comics as well as issues of new books I think they might like in the mail every once in a while...and they're also computer savvy enough to IM me with what they think...My 10/24 column is going to start this off, with the whole thing dedicated to kids reading comics, alpha in particular and why I think that's such a great idea. The next one is also going to have the kids out takes through out, but after it'll be a blurb section before my usual rambling.

Sooooo? Any takers? If so, just private message me with what your child thinks about the series as a whole, or a thought they had about a specific issue, character, story ect...
    Hell was full, so I came back.

VERY good and ingenius idea, there Jo!! And it's fitting with the whole idea of your column!! How better to illuminate the aspects of being a newcomer than to highlight the opinions and such of relative newcomers, not only of comics, but of life itself!

Again, I applaud you on your idea!! =D>
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

Hiya Jo, just read your latest column . Really enjoyed reading it, nicely written.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Thanks Del! I have a doozy for this Sunday's one! Thank PWalk for it.
    Hell was full, so I came back.