Thread: Alpha Flight: The Movie

Default Alpha Flight: The Movie

Okay, this is a well-kicked, decomposing horse I'm resurrecting from the old Yahoo! e-list, but the premise is to find actors and such who YOU think would fit well as various members of Alpha Flight.

I've already found the first contender:

Have you seen that really crappy Dana Carvey movie, the Master of Disguise?

If you haven't, that's good -- I wouldn't recommend it -- , but I just caught the tail end of it, and at the end, they have a dwarf who looks EXACTLY-to-a-tee like Puck, Gabriel Pimentel. Unlike most dwarfs, his limbs and torso are proportionate! he even had the bald head and handle-bar mustache!! (the only thing he was missing was the club ear, but that's asking too much). And, if I judge him properly to Dana Carvey (who's about 5'10), he about the same height as Eugene. the only difference is his muscular structure, but a healthy work out could fix that (and a voice actor to deepen his voice to a nice husk wouldn't hurt either).

His filmography includes an appearance on Scrubs (as 'Mike'), and Just Shoot Me in 1997. I haven't found any pics of him (he's a VERY unknown cameo character whom has very little to his filmography), so if anyone can find a screen shot from the end of the movie (preferably without watching it), please post it. (It's after the credits, during the 'boxing dummy' scene).

Who would YOU choose for a role in Alpha Flight: The Movie? Any incarnation of Alpha is eligeble, any volume, any Flight.

(A few guidelines: treat this as if you were actually casting the movie today - use actors as they currently look, not what they did look once apon a time.)
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

How about The Rock as Yukon Jack? It'd be a hoot to hear him spout the Shakespearean lingo. Physically he's close enough.

Quote Originally Posted by beetleblack
    Also the Rock always looks good in a loin cloth...

*ahem*

LOL, good, I'm not the only one who thought that...

While we're on this topic, I just read in Entertainment Weekly, (October 22, 2004 issue), that there's talk of a Wolverine solo movie. Dare we hope that our favorite heroes will appear in it? Or at least the Hudsons?

Quote Originally Posted by birdygirl
    While we're on this topic, I just read in Entertainment Weekly, (October 22, 2004 issue), that there's talk of a Wolverine solo movie. Dare we hope that our favorite heroes will appear in it? Or at least the Hudsons?

At this stage in the game, we'd be lucky to have LOGAN in the movie, given what these people seem to do with the movies, never mind the Hudsons (tho we can hope)