Thread: Happy Thanksgiving

Default Happy Thanksgiving

Happy belated turkey day to all! I would have said as much last night, but the turkey gods were angred at the death of so many of thier followers, and made the power go out here all night.

Ben

Ben, are you confusing Columbus Day with the American Thanksgiving, ia that the Canadian Thanksgiving or do you really not like Columbus?
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.

Noooo, it was just teh Canadian Thanksgiving. I can pretend we named out turkey Columbus before we ate him if you like though.

Ben

Soyou really celabrate that holiday?with turkey too?

Quote Originally Posted by syvalois
    I do. Although, I think this year we ate Big Bird. The blasted thing must have been an EASY 20 pounder! (it'd have to be to feed 15 ppl)
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

Quote Originally Posted by syvalois
    Any excuse for a turkey dinner :P

Ben

I had enought turkey between christmas and New year that I don't want to see another for a year

I got me days confused...and I was buried to em eyeballs in con and other stuff (ing?) ^^ to remember this one.

Happy belated Thanksgiving to the kin up north.

No worries Sylvie, I eat a peice of turkey once a year during the American Thanksgiving...once a year is good enough for me.
    Hell was full, so I came back.

Thanksgiving Day is a harvest festival celebrated primarily in the United States and Canada. Traditionally, it has been a time to give thanks for a bountiful harvest. While there was an underlying religious element in the original celebration, Thanksgiving today is primarily identified as a secular holiday.

Currently, in Canada, Thanksgiving is celebrated on the second Monday of October and in the United States, it is celebrated on the fourth Thursday of November. Thanksgiving in Canada falls on the same day as Columbus Day in the United States.
    bctb107