Thread: Ok, SOMEONE has to help me here

Default Ok, SOMEONE has to help me here

i just found out that i am already a member of this group, but didnt know it lol! so who here is willing to show "the idiot" how to navigate this site?

Timmy!

Hi Timmy, yep, you signed up a while back As for navigating the site, it's not too tough. On the main page you have several forum catagories, witing each of these catagories are threads. When a new post is made in a thread, that thread is marked by a flashing icon, and is moved to the top of the list of threads in that catagory. You can also use the Search option at the top to find catagories, or to sort through the threads. Please go ahead an ask any specific questions you have

Ben

Default posting etc

the only thing i DONT like about these types of sites is that i NEVER know when anyone is "talking" so to speak.. at least before in the group i got emails to let me know what was going on ya know?

Timmy!

Default Re: posting etc

Quote Originally Posted by rjsboy
    the only thing i DONT like about these types of sites is that i NEVER know when anyone is "talking" so to speak.. at least before in the group i got emails to let me know what was going on ya know?

Timmy!

Welcome to the Asylum, Timmy!

Don't worry about that: you get used to it fast enough...
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

Default Re: posting etc

Timmy!
    Well, to tell generally what is going on, you just visit the site. Up at the top of the page you will see a link tha says "View Posts Since Last Visit", that may help you out, but there are like I said before the flashing icons to notify you of new posts. You can also "subscribe" to certaing threads by clicking on "Watch this topic for replies" at the bottom of the thread. That will give you an email notification of posts. You can also, when you are posting a message, put a checkmark in the box below where you type the message in "Notify me when a reply is posted". Trust me, after you've used it a couple of times, and found out how you like to use it the best, it will be dead easy for you

Ben

Default help?

how do i get one of those neat little icons?

Timmy!

Default Re: help?

how do i get one of those neat little icons?

Timmy!
    To change your avatar, click on the profiel button at the top of any page. Down at the bottom of your profile, you will see a section "Avatar control panel" From there you can upload one if you want to make one of your own, or if you click on "Show Gallery" you will have access to a bizzillion that I have made for everyone to use. When you are in the avatar gallery, make sure to notice the dropdown menue at the top, as there are several pages of avatars to look through

Enjoy,

Ben