Thread: Unused AF #7 cover - In colour!

Default Unused AF #7 cover - In colour!

You prolly all remember the Scottie Young cover that was done for #7 that didn't get used. Well, out good buddy Del tracked down a full colour version to share!

Ben

I still reckon this'll be used for #8.

Y'know? This looks so much more interesting with colour.
    Hell was full, so I came back.

Has Storm been hitting the ice cream? It looks like the ice cream's been hitting her hips.
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.

Quote Originally Posted by kozzi24
    Has Storm been hitting the ice cream? It looks like the ice cream's been hitting her hips.
    Yes, this problem has been addressed in Marvel's newest x-title, The Unhealthy X-Men.

Ben

I agree with Ms. Mako, this piece looks much better in colour.

That Ghost Rider is great! And, Doop - what's not to like.

I'm trying to picture Skottie doing the art for that New Warriors relaunch which has been rumoured about and I think it would work out well. Can you imagine his Speedball?

-Mike

Quote Originally Posted by mvranas
    I agree with Ms. Mako, this piece looks much better in colour.

That Ghost Rider is great! And, Doop - what's not to like.

I'm trying to picture Skottie doing the art for that New Warriors relaunch which has been rumoured about and I think it would work out well. Can you imagine his Speedball?

-Mike
    I agree, his art is really good, if not quite stylized, when well inked and coloured. I had a good look at the art on his page, (Del, what was that URL again?) and it could grow on me, but would have to fit a certain mood of book. His stuff would be awsome for a Marvel Age title.

Ben

I think his artwork is better suited to cartoons from TV, or even TV animation. I like what Henry does with AF a whole lot better.
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

Skottie Youngs URL
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Quote Originally Posted by Mokole
    I think his artwork is better suited to cartoons from TV, or even TV animation. I like what Henry does with AF a whole lot better.
    Oh, I totally prefer Henry too! I'm just saying I don't think that young's art is bad. I wouldn't want to see his style on AF. Just saying he does have tallent, though some opions I've read on other forums would differ. If I look at that, then I look at something like John Calimee, I can see a purpose and a style behind Young's work.

Ben

Young's stuff is not a style I care for, and would probably stop me from staying with the series if I found it so jarring that it distracts me from the story, the way the artist on Paul Jenkin's Spectacular "made" me drop that book. I prefer realistic styles, not, for instance, Spider-Man drawn with size 7 quintiple wide feet and a neck that would be about four inches thick and 14 inches long.
    I get what you're saying, Ben, but comparing anyone to Calimee just seems wrong. If you really want things comprable to Calimee, go to an elementary school's art show and look at the first grader's pics on the walls.
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.

Quote Originally Posted by kozzi24
    I get what you're saying, Ben, but comparing anyone to Calimee just seems wrong. If you really want things comprable to Calimee, go to an elementary school's art show and look at the first grader's pics on the walls.
    Opinion<--------------->Fact

Quote Originally Posted by Phil
    I still reckon this'll be used for #8.
    Opinion<--------------->Fact
    This reckoning falls into opinion as it is the Sasquatch cover.
    www.kozzi.us

Correct, hence the "I" and "reckon" (they make it an opinion), rather than "It will be."