Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Power of the Twins

I do also don't have the feeling JP went to school very far. I don't know, maybe it's from stereotype but I don't see a frustrated, angry young man or teenager going to school. Or been in the FLQ for that matter, but I'm sure I must be wrong.

Anyway, as seen in those byrne issues, JP is very good to learn stuff, in his intro to AF when he see mac the first time he hardly speak french (I always thought he could speak it but choose not to used it) but still, i not sure he was such a good speaker at that time but after someyears as Northstar, he can speak almost without an accent. Can he show that to me, please!!!

Now, what I want to say is that JP must be a fast learner, someone who works hard and is kind of a perfectionist. I see him as an"autodidact" someone that learns by himself. He may not still have a degree anyway but just his brain. PLus it would maybe fun to see his educational level since in quebec we don't have the same educational system. Sorry guys no high school but I call it "polyvalente" or "école secondaire" or when I try to translate it "secondary school".

Is there difference in scendary school, or just different translation? Do primary and secondary schools total to 12 years of education, or are there other fundamental differences?
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.

Secondary schooling is made in reference to college or university.

Quote Originally Posted by kozzi24
    Is there difference in scendary school, or just different translation? Do primary and secondary schools total to 12 years of education, or are there other fundamental differences?
    let see: maternelle =kindergarden at 5 years old
    6 years of primary school
    5 years of secondary school
    2 or 3 years of Cégep (2 for going to University and 3 to get a "technique")

3 years at university for a bac (4 years for engineers)
    and more for master(??) and doctors

Quote Originally Posted by Northcott
    Secondary schooling is made in reference to college or university.
    hein?

My apologies. In some provinces Secondary Schooling is made in reference to college or university. Quebec has a different system, and for all I know some other provinces might as well.

My apologies. In some provinces Secondary Schooling is made in reference to college or university. Quebec has a different system, and for all I know some other provinces might as well.
    I'm not sure where in Canada you are, Ed, but in 90% of the country, the school system is broken up like this (confirmed by friends in other provinces):

K - 6 = Primary
    7 - 12 (13 in ON) = Secondary
    College/University/Vocational School = POST Secondary
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

Quote Originally Posted by HappyCanuck
    K - 6 = Primary
    7 - 12 (13 in ON) = Secondary
    College/University/Vocational School = POST Secondary
    *cough*POSTsecondary...*mumble* Whoops.

I blame it all on the flu meds I'm taking. I'm half out of my tree these days.

....yeah, that's it. The meds. Or the fever.

...damn, but that's embarrassing.

Thanks guys. I get curious how different countries educate differently.
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.

I'm half out of my tree these days.
    Well, at least you have a tree to be out of
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

My bottle of Nyquil has become my best friend.