Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Power of the Twins

Hmm interesting? I personally reckon they did good by putting him in the old duds, even if I like the X-ones. *ducks*
    Hell was full, so I came back.

Don't duck, Jo. The new costume was obviously modeled on the old one and the goggles made sense to me on several levels. NS seems to fly faster than he could when AF was a new title, and maybe whatever aura protects his eyes weakens as he flies faster, so he realized using goggles allowed him to fly faster. Plus, as a skier, he would be used to having worn them and may look at them as a fashion statement.
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.

I'd go with the fashion statement, in the Marvel handbook it was said that NS and Aurors could both theoretically go faster than light, but didn't because of the damage to the enviroment etc. Their anatomy is geared to extremely high speeds.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

The also, to accomodate high speeds, have a resistance to cold. Walt had to wear that green "gumby" suit when flying with Aurora, yet she needed nothing. If either of them needed protection from the elements, it would be Aurora, as when Walt modified her powers, and made her able to do the whole light thing solo, her speed and invulnerability both dropped.

Ben

Somewhere down the line, the twins' powers have been lost track of. They can share powers, as when NS repowered his sister. I took NS's crash and burn back to earth in volume 2 not as a suicide attempt, but as a test of the limits of his powers, and figures it's just poossible that he can reach higher speeds with protective eyewear. At one point, Aurora was the faster twin but Northstar could go farther. In more modern time, Aurora mostly employs her light powers and Northstar mostly employs speed.
    Any protective aura they have was never all-protecting either. If it was, then NS would not have covered his eyes wheb flying through a window during his rescue of Aurora from Deadly Earnest in V1#8. With the goggles, he probably wouldn't have to protect his eyes in a maneuver like that.
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

But we already -know- Aurora lost her anti-cold power. When Walter took her to Tamarind Island for the first time in #20 (ohwatageekiam), she shivered. She was in a two-part bikini, and he goes 'no wonder'. And she's, like 'but cold's never bothered me before'. And he's all 'Well, I changed you powers,' and then she goes 'Yeah, whatever! 'Coz this is my Commonwealth of Whatever!"

- Le Messor
    "Be both a speaker of words and a doer of deeds."

But has she felt cold since her powers were restored by Northstar circa V1#83 or so? Touching doesn't seem to negate their powers anymore, does it? My theory is that they truly do share powers. Hudson's tests weren't shown, but I envision that Aurora started first, thus there was less speed power for Northstar. Then Aurora tired, thus he was able to go further, in part because as her use of the power receded, his picked up. There's a lot of possibilities of things to explore left in the twins!
    www.kozzi.us

agreed, NS and Aurura have lots of untapped potential. Now would be a perfect time for a mini series starting the twins. Aurora just broke free from Weapon X, NS isn't doing much with the X-men. Both have a folling from those books, and both have a following from AF fans. I bet it would sell like gangbusters if done well.

Ben

Damn I thought on a Twins series and my brian just exploded! That would e fab if it was done, and done well!

Well, whover likes the idea can always write to marvel

Ben

*starts writing away like mad*

The more I think of this the more interesting it gets. Something like the Emma Frost series, where it starts out pre Hellfire Club/X-men and explores them before Alpha. Maybe after Aurora ditches the convent and JP is uh...where ever he is. ^^

John Byrne mentioned on his message board that he wanted to do a twins mini-series many years ago(I think after he left AF)....I don't know why it didn't happen....I'll see if I can find the thread he mentions it in.

Dana

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrkoenig67
    John Byrne mentioned on his message board that he wanted to do a twins mini-series many years ago(I think after he left AF)....I don't know why it didn't happen....I'll see if I can find the thread he mentions it in.

Dana
    Now that you bring it up, I think I remember hearing something about that way back when...

Ben

Just stirring the pot here. I can't see how NS and Aurora can share a power as such. I believe they both have the same power and that when they use to touch they could generate this blinding light. This would suggest that they are identical twins, but then surely they would both be of the same gender. Identical twins, one egg, split into two, same gender. Non Identical, two fertilised eggs (Pathway and Goblyn for instance).

I guess what I'm trying to say is that NS and Aurora should be of the same sex and thus one power shard by two, or non identical, similar powers, but no general effect on the other.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Quote Originally Posted by Ben
    Now that you bring it up, I think I remember hearing something about that way back when...

Ben
    Sorry, I can't find the thread....I'll post it when I do.

Dana