Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: December Solicits (UPDATED WITH IMAGE)

Default December Solicits (UPDATED WITH IMAGE)

ALPHA FLIGHT #10
    Written by SCOTT LOBDELL
    Pencils & Cover by
    CLAYTON HENRY
    "DAYS OF FUTURE PRESENT, PAST PARTICIPLE"
    PART 2 (OF 4)
    It’s the Attack of the Boxes! Alpha Flight’s foray into the time-stream has only made
    things worse, and it is up to Centennial to set things right! But will his time-jumping only
    make things even more worse? Yeah, it probably will!
    32 PGS./MARVEL PSR …$2.99
    UPC: 5960605518-01011

SABRETOOTH #4
    Written by Daniel Way
    Penciled by Bart Sears
    Cover by PAOLO RIVERA
    PART 4 (OF 4)
    The mystery of who – or what – massacred the innocent civilians living on the Isle
    Dupree is revealed! Has Sabretooth lost his mind… or is someone else responsible for the
    chaos?
    32 PGS./Marvel PSR …$2.99
    UPC: 5960605565-00411

Wow, that solicit for #10 is actually rather well written...for a change Boxes eh? I wonder if we are talking Boches or Jeffries here...

Ben

If it's around the time of AF#30, it would be Walt. Given that the solicit says AF's time jumping etc, it could even be *shudder* Manbots.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

or all of the above

Ben

isn't this arc supposed to be set when the originals fought omega flight? that would place it around #12 and the original box.

but who knows.

We don't know the arc is.
    The previous issue for sure, yes....

I have a feeling from the solicit, the four issues will probably include going back in time, making things worse then going back to fix it etc, a la Back to the Future or Homer sneazing on a dinosaur and crushing the first fish to walk on land lol

Gives a lot of opportunity to revisit our favorite moments in Alpha's history. I was hoping MML might have to face off against a wax figure of his father in the Waxing Poetic storyline, but maybe he can even meet him in person in the past in this arc (I just feel he needs to get a few father issues out of the way). Time travel always has a habbit of sending someone somewhere unintentionally, yet very ironically appropriate lol.

D.

I figure it'll be back to the West Edmonton Mall to stop Flashback FutureSelf from getting impailed in Issue #9.

Maybe then the Courtney robot doesn't get wasted by Jeffries, Omega Flight doesn't run their separate ways,.... And Alpha Flight, that just lost, disbands. Or something.

Then that leads to Jeffries joining Omega Flight after the battle as Omega actually doesn't get defeated; Jeffries gets taken and that leads to Bochs changing his decisions about AF and Bochs not joining Scramble, and changing the timestream for everyone except Centenniel for issue #10. That's why he has to go back, he's the only one still normal.

Then in issue #11 things get worse, they have to actually fight Omega Flight to simply go back and try again. Maybe Flashback has to die instead of his FutureSelf.
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

maybe alpha can prevent mac from dying in issue #12 so we can forget about all his deaths and rebirths.

man this storyline has potential.

Quote Originally Posted by varo
    maybe alpha can prevent mac from dying in issue #12 so we can forget about all his deaths and rebirths.

That's absolutely beautiful!

Finally a way to wrap up the last 140+ issues.

I like it. and if that's what they have in mind I'm all for it.

It would be an interesting thought, but it would have to be all done on an unrelated time-line to the current marvel-u. A change like that would cause a serious temporal chain reaction. Think about the possible backlash...crazy! That could all be fun if it were either a. restored at then end of the arc, or b. to take place on a separate reality that wouldn't impact the Marvel-u

Ben

Quote Originally Posted by varo

I think John Byrne's story involving Mac's death was brilliant and should never have been undone. Just my thoughts on that subject. I would like to see other AF history foul-ups undone, however.

Dana

i agree, it was abrilliant story, but has been done and undone so many times that revisiting it in this arc would be pretty interesting, i mean lets say anadaf prevents mac from dying:

heather never dons the suit

possibly alpha goes back to department h rather than being on their own as long as they were.

i mean the possibilities are endless.

but then again i am a huge guardian fan and think he should have never been killed as it seemed alpha never had a leader since his death (heather fans step in here)

Being a Heather fan, I will just let her leadership qualities speak for themselves.