Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alpha Flight Cartoon

Default Alpha Flight Cartoon

I think an Alpha Flight cartoon would last longer then some of the Marvel cartoons that have been put out. The Silver Surfer cartoon for instance only lasted for one season! I'm sure Alpha Flight has enough material and characters to last and be a great cartoon. I think Alpha Flight would make a good cartoon series and I'm sure you all agree??
    -Arcade

Default Re: Alpha Flight Cartoon

Quote Originally Posted by Arcade
    I think an Alpha Flight cartoon would last longer then some of the Marvel cartoons that have been put out. The Silver Surfer cartoon for instance only lasted for one season! I'm sure Alpha Flight has enough material and characters to last and be a great cartoon. I think Alpha Flight would make a good cartoon series and I'm sure you all agree??
    Hey, I'd be happy with one season! For that matter, right now, I'd be happy with seeing their guest-appearance in the X-Men 'toon!

I think the material's there, yes, but I don't know if the interest would be.

This is a fascinating topic! Twenty years ago, when Alpha was in its first incarnation and a big hit on the newsstands, there was serious talk about there being an Alpha Flight cartoon. I saw an ad for a proposed AF animated series in the newspaper "Variety". A producer was looking for co-production opportunities. How I wish I could have been a millionaire and invested in it!

I still have the ad, BTW. It shows a scene from the front cover of AF, vol. 1, #11, where Guardian is facing down the silhouettes of characters from Omega Flight. Too bad this series never came to fruition.

I'd like to see it. X-Men cartoons always are full of angst. AF would be an action series with some humour and little to no character angst development.

As a cartoon start with Puck, Sasquatch, Hudson, Shaman, Box (Jeffries), the twins, and Diamond Lil. Later on add Nemesis, Feedback, Windshear, Ghost Girl,....

As a big pic flic use Box (Jeffries) as the main character with Byrne AF.

Either way Roger Bochs can be a former teacher/associate of Madison who is now dead (Roger that is).
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

New Recruit

Default Alpha Cartoon Ad

Hey Birdygirl,

I'd love to see a scan of that Variety ad. I thought I had seen it years ago but dismissed the whole thing as a fever dream.

Dear Snowbird,

No, the ad is real. I have it carefully preserved in a drawer. As soon as I can find it, I'll e-mail it to Ben, and he can put it up in Alpha Flight images. What do you say, Ben?

You can upload it yourself in the gallery if you want

Default Cartoon

I'd like to see an Alpha Flight cartoon to but would it catch on with enough viewers. Maybe Wolverine could guess star in it at the start for an episode or two. But if it is done right you wouldn't need that put some action in to capture the attention of viewers and make the characters fun and interesting.
    Richard Vasseur

Here is the Add Birdygirl spoke of. Thanks so much for sharing this great piece of AF history Sue!

http://forum.alphaflight.net/album_pic.php?pic_id=186

Ben

Thats a cool ad, thanks for sharing it.

Can't imagine how it would have turned out but I'm judging it would have been in the same style as the Hulk and Spiderman cartoon series of the early 80's.

We were so close yet so far...

You're welcome! The ad originally appeared on the front page of the newspaper "Weekly Variety" on June 7, 1984.

Sorry about the condition; it's a little frayed. (I had in a drawer; guess I didn't have it as carefully preserved as I thought I did. ) However, I'm very glad to share it with you!

Great topic Arcade and thanks for letting us see the ad Birdygirl, both are very cool.

I've been wondering, ever since AF's appearance in the X-men cartoon, what they would be like in their own show. Personally, I would have the team as: Guardian (Mac), Puck, Shaman, Snowbird, Northstar, Aurora, Sasquatch and Box (Jefferies). Secondary characters would be: Heather, Roger Bochs, Elizabeth Twoyoungmen (pre-Talisman), the Elder Gods, Gary Cody and Cpl Doug Thompson. As for the villains I would choose: The Master of the World (of course), Wendigo, the Great Beasts, Omega Flight (the original line up), Diablo and the Dream Queen.

Default Sengsterooney

I'm up for an AF cartoon, whether it happens or not. So long as Puck isn't given a squeaky voice like he was in the X-Men Repo Man episode!!

Sengsterooney

Default Re: Sengsterooney

Quote Originally Posted by sengsterooney
    I'm up for an AF cartoon, whether it happens or not. So long as Puck isn't given a squeaky voice like he was in the X-Men Repo Man episode!!

Sengsterooney
    Oh yeah, I hated that voice too!

Yah, he really didn't sound like the "bar-room-brawler quoting Shakespear" as the nurses in #5 v.1 described him.

Ben