Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Joe Quesada on Alpha Flight

Default Joe Quesada on Alpha Flight

"The current Alpha Flight series will not be in “Byrne style”, but such a thing might happen later."

Sounds like Quesada intends to keep Alpha FLight on board past issue #12
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

Where did he say this? I'm curious, as I sent him a rather long email a little while back, about AF and giving it it's chance...you know, my reagular rant.

Ben

At Canadian Comic Book Expo. I read it at X-Fan or something like that.

Live it.

what the heck does that mean?

return to the originals?

I doubt it. Maybe it means more serious stories. As all know I'm no Hudson fan at all.

Live it.

man i love james mcdonald.

so many stories can be told about that man.

his history with dept. h, his recruitment of the original flight, his many deaths......

thsi is what happened at the show:

Regarding the "Byrne style" comment on Alpha Flight, I'll try and clarify.
    Someone in the audience said he wasn't too fond of the comedy direction, and liked the old Byrne issues. Quesada said they're sticking to the current direction, but that anything could happen in the future.

well, that's encouraging at least to think that if this direction doesn't bring in the desired sales, they might be willing to change directions rather than sharpen the axe.

Ben

I knooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow

finhers crossed....
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.

Sounds like we're more likely to see a change of direction rather then a spin off Uncanny series. I doubt the numbers suggest that there is room for two Alpha books right now. Ah well, at least he didn't say "if the numbers don't increase..." like he did with a few other Marvel titles with equal or lower sales. That's never a good sign for a book!

D.

-Quesada said it’s too soon to tell how Alpha Flight will do, and that Marvel’s giving it a chance to see. They appreciate that it’s doing something different, but he pointed out that “everything’s cyclical” when asked about the return of the classic team.

what?

Is this a ray of Hope I'm seeing? [-o< [-o< [-o<