Thread: AF#6 Reviews

Default AF#6 Reviews

Though I have heard/read a lot of fans complaining about this issue, I'm reading some rather positive reviews. Normally it's the reviews that hurt the book, but this time around I think they may help to change the general negative attitude associated with the series.

Comix-Fan

SBC

Ben

Welllll...I have good news for ya.

I went to my comic shop yesterday to drop off flyers for an anime con I'm involved with and I couldn't help it...I had to see how many were still left. I swear I should have brought my camera and taken a pic because I was stunned with what I saw.

Now I know Bob, the owner, ordered a fair sized stock of AF#6 and I know this because he was unpacking another box when I went in for my two. This was when it came out... fast forward to yesterday and lo and behold! Half a ton of X books sitting on the rack and not a single copy of AF 6! Anywhere!

I was stunned...I asked Bob what was up. He stated quite simply that he's sold out of every issue of the new series that he's ordered and he orders more with each new issue. The one he hears the most from customers? They all think Zuzha's hot. (he said about 12 women total buy AF) That and many say they like the writing. Clay's art is also an enormous fave amoung the folks buying AF, according to Bob. Bob talks about books with his customers other then just ringing them up. He wants to know what they like and why.

I told him about the flyer idea to promote the series and he said if it's a go, he'll gladly hang a few around his shop. So things aren't all that bad in Northern California on the AF front.
    Hell was full, so I came back.

I had to call a comic store in Regina to reserve Alpha Flight #7 for me. In Regina 3 stores sold out AF #6 in two days, I got the very last one. One reordered #4 and 5 and sold some but not all of the reorders. THe other two have no AF at all anymore. #7 should also sell out. :P
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokole
    I had to call a comic store in Regina to reserve Alpha Flight #7 for me. In Regina 3 stores sold out AF #6 in two days, I got the very last one. One reordered #4 and 5 and sold some but not all of the reorders. THe other two have no AF at all anymore. #7 should also sell out. :P
    That's great to hear guys! I was gonna get the banner finished up today, but I had too much other stuff to do. Tomorrow I take a road trip to Halifax, so hopefully tonorrow night, or tuesday I'll get the banner done to keep the roll going.

Ben