Thread: Promoting AF

Default Promoting AF

Well, it seems that Marvel isn't willing to promote AF at all. I came up with the thought that we could do a little promotional campagn our selves. I'm curious, if I made a really purty flyer that anyone could print off, how many people would be willing to bring a bunch into your local comic store? They could just be put on the comic shelf, or handed out whenever someone buys a comic (I like that idea). So who would be willing to ask yer local comic store if they would be willing to take some flyers? Who knows, it could mean better business for them too!

Ben

I don't know how enthusiastic my shop would be. Like most still around, it's sole ownership thus promotes on personal tastes. He wasn't happy about the originals flying off into space either and generally hasn't liked the new title as much as I have. He does order well, though, and still has most of the issues in stock.
    Maybe an online ad campaign would work better for shops that also so an online business. You could trade links perhaps?
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.

well, the online campagn is there, perhaps you can tell your shop about it then. But having a few flyers in the shop my help to unload those back issues.

Ben

Yeah, youdo have the online. I was rushing around (as usual) and didn't think.
    Clarification: specifically solicit comics shops that have web pages on the flier idea and offer to link them from the sampaign page and or af.net. "No such thing as bad publicity and all that.
    Jeff
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.

so, yer just talking a basic link exchange eh? That's not really the idea I was shooting for. We are looking for good quick results for sales. A link exchange might get a few more hits to the site, but won't make any leaps and bounds towards attracting new fans to AF. The idea of a flyer isn't to promote the Fight For the Flight site, it's to promote the book. They get a nice flashy peice of paper that catches thier attention and makes them think "Hmmm, that looks cool".

Ben

They take your download, display it in their physical shop, and you link to their shop from your online site/s that gives them another source of people finding them.
    Didn't mean to sound close-minded in first reply here. o send your mock-up and I will pass it on to my dealer for his shop, I'm just too anal about not giving my word as a means of keeping it 99.99% of the time, and can't promise he'd want to do it. But I will try.
    www.kozzi.us

I certainly do like the idea of showing some appreciation to any shops that are willing to distribute the flyers. I would be more than happy to put their sites on the list of supporters for the Fight For The Flight. As soon as I have a flyer mock up done I'll post it.

Ben

Too bad this thought hadn't come up during all the big Comic cons. That's the place to distribute flyers and promote the book.

well there's several shops in the area I could see about handing out flyers...

Also there's an anime con coming up in October where I have access to the con attendees as a dealer. A lot of anime fans are also comic book fans and I should be able to get flyers handed out here too.

Thirdly...the printer who prints our books for the con is really cool and I might be able to get quite a few flyers printed up for next to nothing.

Sound good? Plausible? If so, I just need BEN to get on messenger so we can hash it out.
    Hell was full, so I came back.