Poll: Who is the best young female Alpha Flighter?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Thread: Best young female

Default Best young female

Of the young women/girls who have been part of Alpha Flight which one was the best, if not realistic, character? There have been a few, hope I didn't miss any.
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

I went with Talisman. Though so far I really like the character of Zuzha, she's too new to top the list for me. I always really like Liz's character, and was a fan of the mystical side of AF.

Ben

I voted for Elizabeth AKA Talisman. Yet another of Alpha's famous underused characters, (I seem to be saying this about a lot of Alpha Flight folk, especially the original Byrne characters!).

I went with Persuasion. Despite being a mutant, Mantlo did give her a backstory-origin that seemed fresh back in the day. She brought in a new, younger perspective to the existing characters, which is something Talisman never brought with her. Her intro story brought out new points to existing characters, including Jeffries and Northstar, and her presence did bring out other sides of Heather and Puck as Alpha as a whole settled into a role of "examples".
    Unfortunately, she quickly became yet another mouthpiece for Mantlo's apparent disdain for the originals, and with most of the originals gone within 10 issues, her new perspective factor evaporated.
    Her power is also a hindrance to the chcracter being handled right, because she's really too powerful for a hero, especially in a team book. Either she solves the problem immediately, or there's a reason her power doesn't work, then another reason and another and another....
    A good start to the character, and she had a lot of potential. I still like the character, but don't forsee her ever really coming out of limbo.
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.

I also went with Persuasion, for very similar reasons to Kozzi. Also, I thought her attitude toward her abilities and her utilization of them were pretty dead-on for a teenage girl. Power such as hers is easily abused, and she did. And it didn't really improve during her time with Alpha Flight; it worsened. I would really like to see what has become of her. Last I heard, she was in the Neverland concentration camp, but I stopped reading Weapon X a while ago, so I don't know if Neverland is even still in operation. Poor Kara.

I voted for Kara also, I just liked the character and her powers.

I did love Talisman though and would love to see her back doing something.