Thread: Alpha Sales July

Default Alpha Sales July

#5 was over 26,000, another drop of about 8% so I expect #6 in August will show an increase of about 10% or so. With the Flashback storyline readership should return to about 30,000.

A lot of the drop in July is die to underordering by retailers, and often reorders aren't counted on the list. One book store in Regina sold out in 1 hour, another in 2, a third sold out in 18 hours (I got the last one in town). So this isn't the problem the last drop was. But still keep pounding away at Marvel to keep our AF! I hope to have #7 when it comes out but unforntuantely there's no way I can get to town until Saturday the 4th, and given how hard it was to get #6 on a Thursday....

We'll see the rebound maybe even with isuue #6 or #7, nice to see it go up again and we will!

And Diamond comics has Alpha Flight #7 listed as coming out on the first of September.

Crossing my fingers that Zuzha will shine in #7...
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

Default Re: Alpha Sales July

Quote Originally Posted by Mokole
    #5 was over 26,000, another drop of about 8% so I expect #6 in August will show an increase of about 10% or so. With the Flashback storyline readership should return to about 30,000.

A lot of the drop in July is die to underordering by retailers, and often reorders aren't counted on the list. One book store in Regina sold out in 1 hour, another in 2, a third sold out in 18 hours (I got the last one in town). So this isn't the problem the last drop was. But still keep pounding away at Marvel to keep our AF! I hope to have #7 when it comes out but unforntuantely there's no way I can get to town until Saturday the 4th, and given how hard it was to get #6 on a Thursday....

We'll see the rebound maybe even with isuue #6 or #7, nice to see it go up again and we will!
    Every time someone writes about the industry being in the crapper I cringe because it reminds me of the store that I go.

I buy JSA. I go to pick it up this past weekend. Sold out. I ask the guy whether he has more in the back. He tells me it shouldn't be sold out. He goes and looks. None in the back. Oops sorry. I ask if it sells out usually. He tells me that sales have improved lately so "maybe" they should increase their order.

Yeah, maybe.

Alphs Flight. This has been three straight issues now that I get the second to last copy. I buy it within a week or so of its release. Does anyone buy that last one? Does anyone look for it and not find it after that? Probably. Do they order more? Apparently not.

Comics: Love the medium, hate the industry.

Don't be too hard on the retailers. Based on the advanced solits for AF, do you think they're abticipating a big draw?

If he does not have a reserve system, shame on him, but no retailer should be expected to speculate on how many copies of each book they're going to sell when they have to order a couple months in advance.
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.

#5 was over 26,000, another drop of about 8% so I expect #6 in August will show an increase of about 10% or so
    How do you figure there will be an increase in sales when the title has been dropping around 8% per issue?

Sales are not good, and in the case of my store, it's not lack of retail support. My shop has more than half-a-dozen copies each of #5 and #6 just sitting on the shelves. It's not pretty.