Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: New Avengers...

one of my favorite Cap scenes was the point in the Onslaught story when the Avengers were fighting Post and whomever, when Cap said, "we can't win." He just deadened the other Avengers, a great example of his leadership and inspiration to tohers. I find in his solo series these days that he is not inspiring to others. I've seen no real use for Sharon Carter's resurrection. Cap's relationsip with Diamondback worked for me because he was inspiring her to something greater.
    His inspirational qualities is also, I think, the main element missing from New Avengers.
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.

Haha, wow, now that all of that is finally settled, I'm going to seem like a real Devil's advocate jerk right now... see, the reason why I've set out alot of general dislike of Cap's character recently is because in the upcoming moments I finally see a chance for Cap to really rise to the challenege. I think he may prove inspirational again, and that he may become a creative character... within the folds of Civil War. If Cap makes a stand, and holds true to the values of America rather than the decisions of the government, Steve has a real chance to bring himself out of this slump, and also a chance to be a leader once more. The other thing is, I really want Steve to learn to accept and understand Logan... very much how Batman/Green Lantern finally came to an understanding in GL's most recent issue to anyone who has had the occasion to cross over to that issue (very good by the way). If Cap can come to terms with Logan and learn to work with him, that'd be an awesome team-up to me. Cap just has so much potential at this point that I can't quite let go of him as (at least in part) my idol... I just really hope they can thicken him up during the conflict of Civil War. (Although regretably this'll mean that Iron Man will have to lose some cred...)
    The ability to defy death can be achieved...
    It is a state acquired through compassion not greed...

I would like to get a good writer on Captain America and the New Avengers who knows how to have Cap create that inspiration. His own series that no longer exists at all and Avengers its nowhere near the level it should be at.
    Him and Wolverine getting along better. Well I would not want to see Cap compromise his ideals but sure I'd love to see my twwo fav characters working side by side in harmony.
    Richard Vasseur

Quote Originally Posted by Shaman Of The Whills
    (Although regretably this'll mean that Iron Man will have to lose some cred...)
    Iron Man doesn't have a lot of cred with me anyway. Tony Stark definitely uses people, the most recent example being his sponsorship of
    Logan in the New Avengers to do the team dirty work.
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.