Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: New Avengers...

Maybe so but since she is married he would never come between the two. That is just not his character.
    Richard Vasseur

Quote Originally Posted by Richv1
    I agree Sentry meeds to be used in the series. And Wolverine I think he should just leave the team. I don't like at all how they are using him.
    Keeping him for the dirty jobs is wrong. They have to learn to do them themselves in their own way.
    Bu ... bu ... but then they would have to face reality and/or blame themselves, and who want any part fo that with such a conveninet scapegoat at hand. Yep it is a long established custom here in the West to send in the soldiers, and then to wash your hands of the atrocities they committed in your name by condemning the soldiers as criminlas upon their return. Thus, Wolvie is filling a very important social role in Western culture.

Quote Originally Posted by Richv1
    Maybe so but since she is married he would never come between the two. That is just not his character.
    Which is supported by his choosing to leave 'H'
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

But if he has the same feelings for Heather and Jean why didn't he leave the X-Men as well?
    Richard Vasseur

Probably, as Kozzi mentions, his feeling for Heather are deeper than those for Jean. Plus he probably has a lot more respect for Mac then he does for Cyclops. Mac has always been a surrogate father figure for Wolvie, whereas he has a deep contempt for Scott.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

But if Mac is a father figure couldn't that make Heather a mother figure?
    Richard Vasseur

There probably is Rich. I wouldn't say there is anything Oedipel about his feelings for Heather, but the depth of those feelings are probably strengthened by his viewing her as a mother figure in some respects.
    Del

So than his feeling towards Jean would be different as he views her as a friend and romantic interest. Heather is viewed as both those plus a mother figure.
    Richard Vasseur

I'd go with that Rich. Mind you, it's all down to interpretation of whats been seen so far.
    Del

What Wolverine needs in his life is a steady g/f and one that can defend herself. Mariko and Yuriko are ok. But Mariko could not fight and Yuriko is to much of a wildcat.
    He needs to meet a new lady friend. One he can get serious with.
    Richard Vasseur

As creepy as it sounds, the person you just described, Rich, is Kitty. She's more like Logan than either would care to admit - mostly because of Logan's influence on her. Again, we'd have a bit of an Electra complex happeneing, since Wolverine was more of a father-figure to Kitty during her earlier days in the X-Men, but now they are both formidable with each other as they are against each other. They kind of complete each other.
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

Well Kitty has just goten back with Colossus so she is not looking for anyone else.
    Plus yes Wolverine is a father figure with her not alover. Big age difference to. Shes like 18 he looks in his twenties or thirties, I know he is 200 years old and some.
    Richard Vasseur

considering Logan is over a century old, I DON'T think he should be looking for someone in his age bracket - unless we're trying to hitch him to Aunt May or something/....
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

Well Aunt May is now taken to. Just like Kitty. I was thinking maybe someone that was still available. I know him and Storm thought about getting together but now she might be getting married to the Black Panther.
    So who does that leave for Logan?
    Richard Vasseur

Northstar, the small fact that he killed him once should not be an obstacle.
    Del