Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New Avengers...

Default New Avengers...

I've just overlooked the previews of the Avengers re-launch stuff, and came across the description for 'New Avengers':

Written by Brian Michael Bendis, art and cover by David Finch.

"New Avengers," part 1 of 5. After the devastating destruction of the original Avengers just what sort of threat to the world could persuade Captain America to assemble an all-new team? And after the events of Avengers Disassembled, who could possibly be on this team? How does Cap, Iron Man, Spider-Man and Wolverine sound? Get ready for the first of a proposed 500-issue run that signals an all-new era, as Bendis and Finch join with you, the fervent faithful, for the launch of the all-new ongoing Avengers series.

32 pages, $2.25, in stores on Nov. 24.
    Wolverine is now in another book!!!! Oy vey, my opinion of Marvel is spiraling downwards straight to Hades. As if relaunching ALL the Avengers titles (with the exception of Thor) wasn't bad enough, now it's like adding salt to the wound by making Wolverine a member (as if he doesn't have enough books focusing on him).

What are your thoughts on this??

-Mystic
    Where are we going, and why are we in this hand-basket??

I totally agree. It's like they are miliking the one character to death. How many places can the guy be at once? They should just rename Marvel comics to "Wolverine Comics - Featuring The X-Men"

I like the idea of a totally fresh roster for the Avengers...but they really seem to have just grabbed the money names for this team

Ben

From what I can see of the picture, the original Spider-Woman is also a member. There're two people in the very back of the group that I don't recognize. Possibly Quicksilver and Vision, but I'm not too sure.

As far as Wolverine, I think I have had an 'over-saturation' with this character, and right now it's making me sick! Scott, please-please-PLEASE leave that character out of Alpha Flight. It's bad enough I almost want to stop getting Marvel altogether because of this blatant use of this character.

I understand that, somewhere in my mind, Logan belongs to Alpha Flight. But considering how many titles he's in, it just seems rediculous. And I apologize if I'm ranting and raving about this, but this really is something that could be the last straw with me. I've been so fed up with Marvel before, giving them up and moving on, yet they keep pulling me back in with Alpha Flight. Yet I honestly think that if I give up Marvel this time...that's it. Alpha Flight or no Alpha Flight...

MHO,
    -Mystic

The people in the back are Luke Cage and The Sentry.

The new New Avengers line-up doesn't really do anything for me. And why only ONE woman on the whole team??? That's crap.

Totally agree with the whole Wolverine thing, and how odd is it having both Spider-Man AND Spider-Woman on one team????

Also they are relaunching Thunderbolts but have no idea who are members of that.

Oh and it may not be Tony Stark in the Iron Man armour apparently.

Any news on the Young Avengers or Teen Avengers or whatever they're called? Is it true that they will be the Runaways?

Oh and is the Scarlet Witch going the way of all flesh???? I seriously hope not, I know a lot of fans who love her. I would like to see her and Captain America tutoring the Teen Avengers - in a similar way to Emma Frost and Banshee in Generation X.

Seems like they're turning them into the Marvel version of the JLA.

Quote Originally Posted by beetleblack
    Also they are relaunching Thunderbolts but have no idea who are members of that.
    Mach IV
    Songbird
    Atlas
    Radioactive Man
    Speed Demon
    The Eel
    Joystick
    Captain Marvel

Any news on the Young Avengers or Teen Avengers or whatever they're called? Is it true that they will be the Runaways?
    Nope, Runaways is coming back for a second volume soon.

If you don't like an Avengers membership, remember: it WILL change.

Wolverine is way overexposed, and shouldn't be in every X-Book. I think his tenure on Avengers will be a short one. He should always be welcome in Alpha, as a former member and as a sales boost. There's less reason for him to appear now though, considering those he is closest to are not on the team.
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.

It's obvious Bendis liked these characters chemistry while writing Secret War. I'm just afraid Avengers will turn into a best heros in Marvel together, dressed in their civis talking back and forth the whole series. I doubt Wolverine will stay as a full member past the first arc, but will return from time to time when, like said above, a sales boost is needed. Same for Spider-Man. I don't see both Spider-People on the same roster. Plus Spider-Man has always been solo and seems awkward on any team.

D.

a saw a little blurb-interview-thing on the space channel with Bendis saying he wanted to take the character's he thought were the best in the MU and form them into the Avengers. He said he liked that better than using a bunch of b list, or c list characters.

I was going start buying Avengers again with this rebuild, but the characters have I think, changed my mind I'll try #1 before making a final decision though.

Ben

Quote Originally Posted by Phil
    Quote Originally Posted by beetleblack
    Mach IV
    Songbird
    Atlas
    Radioactive Man
    Speed Demon
    The Eel
    Joystick
    Captain Marvel

Nope, Runaways is coming back for a second volume soon.
    The last I knew Captain Marvel was a black woman - is she now a he? And if so what happened to her? (Does that make any sense at all!)

Apart from that I have little or no idea of who these characters are! Slightly concerned that some of the characters have rather strange names. And what does Joystick do????

And yeah, like Ben, I was going to give this title [Avengers] a go once the new team were in place - but now I'm really not so sure!

She's still around, I think she's called Photon now.

Captain Marvel is the son of the original Captain Marvel, who spun out of Avengers Forever.

Yeah, the female Captain Marvel became Photon at the beginning of her limited series, which came out in the mid-nineties (I believe)..

-Mystic

"meh" is the only word that comes to mind when I think of the New Avengers.

This reminds me of a few years back when they had to bring in Spidey, THe Hulk, Wolverine, and Ghost Rider to be the new "Fantastic Four". Anyone remember that? It was horrible and only meant to drive sales of a couple of really crappy issues.

As for this "New Avengers" I've mentioned before that the only reason I ever go back to a comic shop is for AF. I haven't read another comic in over 10 years now. A relaunch would be interesting to read that way I could be there at the beginning but this line up just stinks.

If I wanted to read JLA I'd read JLA.