Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Northstar's group

Default Northstar's group

I just read this over at Boardhost, maybe it was mentioned here but I missed it.

Since Cyclops has a group called New Mutants and Emma Frost's team is called the Hellions, Northstar has his own student group to lead as part of their mutant games, Alpha Squadron. One member is Victor (is that a name or codename??). In future issues of New X-Men his full Squadron should be introduced.

Even though Northstar's team is called Alpha Squadron it seems unlikely that any ex-Afers (Ghost Girl, Flex) would be in it, or anyone with ties to AF (say Windshear's daughter), or even any Canadians. Tied to Alpha Flight only by name, in homage I guess. Though it would be nice to see Ghost Girl there, or a Canadian (beyond Fish Boy) with cool powers.
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

Cool!

Maybe Wolverine's "daughter" from NYX could be in the Alpha Squad?

Wolverine has a "daughter"? It'd be cool if she and his "son" flex could be on the same team. Speaking of siblings, any word on Radius? Or is he gonna remain dead? Seems like a waste to me. I always liked the jerk.

D.

Can't miss Radius. However, from that same story arc, the death of Darkstar was a total waste!

Windshear has a daughter?
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.

Quote Originally Posted by kozzi24
    Windshear has a daughter?
    No, I'm just picking a name out of a hat. Who knew Puck had kids

Wolverine has a daughter?

If an Alpha Flighter was to be in Alpha Squadron I'd hope for Flinch and Ghost Girl over Flex and Ouija. Not Murmur IMHO.

Live it.

So it looks like JP's going to be taking a more important roll on in the X Academy title then? Interesting.

Victor is the kid's name, he sort of looks like a pint sized Savage from Wildstorm, green with a fin thing on his head.
    Hell was full, so I came back.

Wolverine has a "daughter"?
    There is a character that in NYX that people speculate is his daughter. She was involved with Weapon X some how and has two bone claws on each hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir John A.
    Wolverine has a "daughter"?
    There is a character that in NYX that people speculate is his daughter. She was involved with Weapon X some how and has two bone claws on each hand.
    Ah, X-23, the kid worked on to get Logan's mutant abilities by genetic experimentation, then the claws.

Alpha Squadron could have a Canadian, I suppose. Thanks for saying what Victor looks like.

Live it.

X-23's going to be appearing in Uncanny, and then her own series, so New-X is unlikely.

Has JP actually appeared in the pages yet, anyone?

Up to issue #3 no.

I have to say that I'm not exactly impressed by the new new X-Men at this stage, the story seems to be moving at a snail pace and none of the characters seem to have personalities anymore - possibly because there are too many - which is a shame because the writers made great effort with the series when it was New Mutants. Shame TPTB couldn't leave well alone.

Yeah, #1 did absolutely nothing for me.

Green's artwork didn't help, but fill in's from Staz Johnson before Michael Ryan comes on as regular artist could be tempting...

I could forgive issue #1 sucking mainly because it was trying to introduce the characters to a new audience, but since then nothing has really happened and all the main characters seem to be being pushed further and further away into teh background. I'm beginning to wonder why some of the characters are there at all, I'm sure they seemed like a good idea at the time but it's as if the writers have gotten bored with them already (or have been told to bland them down by TPTB to fit into the new book?).

I can also see the whole Noriko and Sooraya culture clash stuff getting very boring very quickly - and that's only after two slight run ins. Aside from the fact that neither characters have yet been explored enough for us to really care (even when Morrison introduced Sooraya in his X-Men run she didn't exactly do a lot or get much in regard to development).

I've been liking New X. Ensemble cast, and has been balanced.
    And no Wolverine.
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.

Hey all, just got X-men # 163 today and guess who makes an appearence in the book? :P

Now all we need is to see him and Gambit have a convesation in French.

Also, here's an interesting tidbit about Northstar & Alpha Flight #106 too.

http://newsarama.com/forums/showthre...threadid=20428

MM

so the spoilers are true. wow i actually have a reason to look forward to xmen .

totally OT but dang the new revamp was so pointless. the books are less interesting! how is that possible. the new coloring on uxm has been good. that is a pos.

now back to my scheduled rolling on the floor and squealing.

(what can i say my twin love has no bounds, well a few)