Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Northstar's group

I only go into comic shops now for AF so I had no clue they relaunched X-Men with an all new cast.

Tis a shame.

Alpha Squadron? They name stinks. I would have just gone with Beta Flight. These are students right?

Ooooh! Northstar finally appears in New X-Men: Academy X. Look for a cameo in issue #10 on p14 where he is seated at the dais during the awards ceremony behind Cyclops. Obviously New X-Men: Academy X occurs before the unfortunate events of Wolverine (3rd series) #25.

Does anyone know if he appeared in any other issues of that title run? I didn't see him in any of the other issues, but I might be wrong.

Love,
    rplass

That's it so far, but there's going to be a whole issue devoted to his funeral/passing.

Well that's odd, for two reasons:
    1) If you and I are correct, then Northstar never even appears in the run of that title except for the top of his head in 1 issue, which was published in the same month as SNIKT! So let me get this - devote an issue to mourning a character that appeared in 1 single panel once in one issue just immediate to his own death?

2) It has been alleged that the shadowy figure looming over Wolverine on the cover of the upcoming Wolverine #28 is Northstar. So he's coming back to life in Wolverine #28, publication date May 2005, and being simultaneously mourned in New X-Men: Academy X #13, also to be published in May 2005?

I find all of this very odd. Yes, very very odd. Hmm...

Love,
    rplass

It hasn't been proven that that IS Northstar on the cover of 28 - just conjecture. He may prove to be someone else (tho I'm still hopeful it IS JP)
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

Which once again makes me wonder if they'll name Alpha Squadron and give some info on those characters. Methinks not, it'll be an idea already on the trash heap, along with that lizard guy who was shown, once.

But I troll for Canadian characters in it, so that's the only reason I care.
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

I also was wondering about that too, rplass. that sort of seems like a bad sign to me. sigh. also it seems really cheap to make a death issue for a character they never bothered to show (though I know the writers wanted to go there and marvel wouldn't let them). its hard to have actual emotional impact when it is so out of sync with the rest of the series.

From the solicits from Wolverine #26: "As the X-Men mourn their fallen team-mate in a funeral befitting a hero..." It is possible that all of the teachers at the Academy are going to be busy doing funeral stuff... so maybe the New X-men kiddie-poos are just caught up in the whole funeral thing for a few issues. I wouldn't be surprised if the funeral and/or the mourning of JP crosses into some of the other countless X-books.

I also wonder if Kitty will suffer from the guilt of allowing Logan to pass through her phased body. She could have saved JP's life if she had either taken the brunt of the attack or managed to block Logan to give JP a split-second to fly away really fast. Can she control her phasing or does anything just phase right through her that is moving into her path? If she can control it, then she made a choice to save herself and let JP die.

Love,
    rplass

All I can say is....AF better be at the funeral(or at least, Sasquatch....since the others may be in space still...or whatever...sheesh ).

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

Quote Originally Posted by rplass
    Can she control her phasing or does anything just phase right through her that is moving into her path? If she can control it, then she made a choice to save herself and let JP die.
    Kitty's natural state is intangible, but she can control it. when startled, tho, she reverts to her natural state, and given that Logan sure as hell startled her by jumping at her as he did, safe bet it was a defense reaction.
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrkoenig67
    All I can say is....AF better be at the funeral(or at least, Sasquatch....since the others may be in space still...or whatever...sheesh ).

Dana

And they are going to bury JP at the mansion? I wonder if it's what he would like or he just don't care. Well, being dead, he probably don't care