Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fire phasers! oops, I mean solicit #9

Can't remember it verbatim, but I believe in the first fight between AF and OF in Issue #12, she used a strand of her hair to try and cut Snowbirds throat. Snowbird says somthing along the lines of "No, I cannot bleed!" and Lil makes a comment about "why, is it in the super hero handbook" or somthing like that.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Quote Originally Posted by DelBubs
    Can't remember it verbatim, but I believe in the first fight between AF and OF in Issue #12, she used a strand of her hair to try and cut Snowbirds throat. Snowbird says somthing along the lines of "No, I cannot bleed!" and Lil makes a comment about "why, is it in the super hero handbook" or somthing like that.
    Byrne put a really interesting twist on that with his indestructable character in Next Men. Her hair could not be cut. Because of how fine her hair was, if it has no give it was like razor blades. A guy tried to rape her if I remember correctly and grabbed her hair and had his finger cut off...or some such thing.

Ben

"No, I cannot bleed!"
    This was never followed up on, was it?
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.

Quote Originally Posted by kozzi24
    "No, I cannot bleed!"
    This was never followed up on, was it?
    I don't believe it was. And to be honest I had completely forgotten about her saying that.

Default Re: Fire phasers! oops, I mean solicit #9

Quote Originally Posted by Mokole
    ALPHA FLIGHT #9
    Written by SCOTT LOBDELL
    Pencils & Cover by CLAYTON HENRY
    "DAYS OF FUTURE PRESENT, PAST PARTICIPLE" PART 1 (OF 4)
    Continuing the Marvel tradition of classic time-traveling stories!
    Former Alpha Flight ally Flashback comes begging our heroes to
    time-jump to the past and stop his future self from dying in an attack that involves the original Alpha Flight, and er...Omega Flight. Huh--?
    What?! Exactly!
    32 PGS./ MARVEL PSR …$2.99
    Here's the cover, linked from Comics Continuum:

Cheers,
    -Mike

That image is so familiar. It's a homage to UXM #142/43 or there abouts, I believe. 'Days of Future Past' arc ?. Love the picture of MML's horse 'apprehended' :P :P
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

That is so *censored* amazing!!!!!!

Ben, can ya tell Clayton I wanna buy it if he's selling it

WOW! what an amazing cover! I think AF takes the best cover award 2 months in a row now!

Ben

Good cover. I think it will be quite a good arc heading into #13 and beyond. I wonder how much action? I bet in issue one Flashback shows up and they try to find a way back, in issue two they find that way but have to wait for Omega Flight to show up, they're too early, in three they'll try and interfere without getting found out, in issue four they'll hit upon a better plan and succeed in saving the Flashback that got stabbed, so it won't return to reality dead.
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

Nah, the arc'll definitely end with #12.

Whether there are more or not depends on sales between #7 and #9....

Quote Originally Posted by Ben
    Byrne put a really interesting twist on that with his indestructable character in Next Men. Her hair could not be cut. Because of how fine her hair was, if it has no give it was like razor blades. A guy tried to rape her if I remember correctly and grabbed her hair and had his finger cut off...or some such thing.

Ben
    I remember the Next Men and the character that you're talking about. I seem to remember that there was a certain ammount of debate in the letter column about how she was able to pull her own indestructable hair out of her own indestructable scalp!

Damn! Now that's a cover! *is awed*

I can't wait to get me mitts on that one for sure now!
    Hell was full, so I came back.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Well, I can always be relied on for a cynical comment...

The story sounds like it could be good. In somebody else's hands.
    Lobdell does not have the research skills to pull it off. Remember the mess he made of Marrina's origin?
    And of Nemesis all up, if, as he claims, she's the original?
    Or him calling Flashback an ally? He's never been seen as such - yes, techically he was once a Betan or Gamman, but we never saw him in that context. Only as an enemy, with Omega Flight - so why does the solicitation sound like we should be surprised about that part?

- Le Messor
    "As a computer, I find your faith in technology amusing."

Gotta love the little extra detail in MML suit (gloves and boots). I wonder if anyone else will be getting any tweeks.

Question, is that actually Kitty Pride on the cover?

That image is so familiar. It's a homage to UXM #142/43 or there abouts, I believe. 'Days of Future Past' arc ?. Love the picture of MML's horse 'apprehended' :P :P
    here's a scan I found of the original if anyone wants to compare:

Ben